Flash advice for a total novice

G60steve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys n girls.
I have a Nikon 5200 I am looking for a relatively cheep flash or solution for taking photos at night (fishing capture shots). I didn't want to just go out and buy a speedlight and it not be what I need.
Any help be great thanks

Have a look at Amazon and the Neewer range of flash units. Though I am canon based the flash units have quite a range I can not say that they fit Nikon for certain but it’s worth a look

It strikes me that an on-camera speedlight may well not be the best option for something like this. A little more information on the circumstances would help provide a better recommendation. Are you on a boat? On a dock? Shooting as they're fishing? What kind of fish? What, if any ambient light is available?

Godox, Newwer and a host of other companies make decent, serviceable and fully compatible speedlights and studio lights which will do the job for very little money. It's just a matter of deciding what will serve you best.

godox or flashpoint brand.

It strikes me that an on-camera speedlight may well not be the best option for something like this. A little more information on the circumstances would help provide a better recommendation. Are you on a boat? On a dock? Shooting as they're fishing? What kind of fish? What, if any ambient light is available?

Godox, Newwer and a host of other companies make decent, serviceable and fully compatible speedlights and studio lights which will do the job for very little money. It's just a matter of deciding what will serve you best.

Thanks for reply, the fishing will be from side of a lake with slim to no ambient lighting. The fishing is for carp. Photos will mostly taken on small infared remote

Most reactions

New Topics

Back