Flickr issues?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone else having trouble getting photos to upload to Flickr from their phone or tablet? Everything seems normal when I’m sending them but they never appear in my Flickr photostream.

Yes. For last 2 weeks. When I try to upload from my Android phone, they don't appear in my photostream.

I need to try 3 or 4 times.

Sometimes the photos appear about 30 minutes later - multiple times. But other times they never appear.

Yes. For last 2 weeks. When I try to upload from my Android phone, they don't appear in my photostream.

I need to try 3 or 4 times.

Sometimes the photos appear about 30 minutes later - multiple times. But other times they never appear.

Yes same issue. I’ve started uploading everything as private so I can cancel out any duplicate photos! I’m going to email their support since I’m now paying them! I never had this issue with my free account.

Haven't had issues uploading as I normally only up load from computer, but I've had trouble when trying to view photos from my tablet. Both mine and those of others take awhile to load some times.

Haven't had issues uploading as I normally only up load from computer, but I've had trouble when trying to view photos from my tablet. Both mine and those of others take awhile to load some times.

Yes, I have that issue too. Some photos don't load when viewing, and just get a white square.

I didn't mind issues when it was free, but after my photos were held for ransome unless I paid for Pro, I now expect half decent service.

It sounds as though Flickr is having some serious problems, now that they have made so many changes.

Ive always had problem but I have crappy internet. Not long ago, I uploaded an album using Mozilla and opened up the scripts view... it times out on larger files, I forget the time frame but once I scaled them down, the album was successful. Kind of defeats the purpose IMO. I won't be renewing. Its got progressively worse every year. If I go somewhere with a strong internet connection, it works relatively fine. I dont have that issue with Amazon Drive but the interface is seriously lacking.

my app isnt refreshing with my latest, and i can no longer d/l images. says starting download, but then never does. so yeah, thumbs down.

I have a free ac with flicker and always have problems when using I pad/phone/other tablet devices
I can’t log in the will not down load then I spend ages trying to log out just about gave up then noticed my images could be copied.. that ended flicker for me. This now is the only photography site I use

i went to my own free Flickr account and tried to DL a couple of pic...no luck...

I had 49 photo there for about 7 years...five years ago I uploaded 350 or so , but i am not a Flickr fan..

Somewhere I have a photo bucket ac maybe I should bring that back to life and use it

I have no problem uploading from the desktop. However it takes forever for someone's Flickr web page to load. Some days I just give up trying to view.

Wasn't having any issues until today. Tried to show someone pics on my phone. Tonight, on my PC, half won't show up and some of my older posts have X's. Must be having server issues.

I sent them a "feedback" and received a reply asking for more info. Waiting to see if they respond with anything useful...

- Steps you are taking I am uploading from my iphone with excellent connection on data or with my ipad on wifi. This is not a wifi issue as all other apps/websites working just fine. I am selecting the photo in the ios Photos app to send the photo to Flickr. I have also tried sending the photos directly from my Affinity Photos app. I have been using both of these methods to send photos to Flickr for several years and suddenly neither of them are working with any type of regularity. Also - this issue has happened both on my home wifi and on other wifi.

- Any error messages you might see No error messages. It appears to be sending the photo but it never appears in my photostream. Error messages would be great so I would know what was happening but it acts the same as it does when it sends successfully. If I had to guess, I'd say it is timing out before the photos can upload but I don't understand why suddenly that would be an issue where it never was before. For the record - Yes I have "view all" selected and yes I have checked camera roll and sorted by date posted and date taken - nothing works. Sometimes several hours later the photos will appear posted 2 or 3 times if I made multiple attempts but sometimes they never appear at all. I am now sending everything to Flickr as "private" to avoid duplicate posts should it suddenly decide to work.

- Device type and operating system iPhone 6s and iPad Pro

Again - I have been using Flickr since 2013 and have never had these issues before switching to a "pro" account recently. Based on some googling I did, I'm not the only one having issues. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 5:39 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Photos not loading

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out with us, and we do apologize for the troubles that you are running into.

Unfortunately we do not have enough information provided to us to be able to provide some troubleshooting options to fix the issue mentioned. Can you please respond with the following details?

- Steps you are taking
- Any error messages you might see
- Device type and operating system

If you also can provide us any screenshots of the problem you are running into, that would greatly help us to track down or understand the issue. Once we have this info, we can continue further assisting you.
Best regards,
Allen

Was my reply helpful today?

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM <[email protected]> wrote:

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM <[email protected]> wrote:
Multiple attempts needed for photos to upload. I never had this issue when I had the free version of Flickr, now that I’m paying I can’t get anything to upload without a lot of time and frustration. Please fix or I will not be renewing. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back