Flickr issues?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by SquarePeg, May 11, 2019.

1. RowdyRay

RowdyRay No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Wasn't having any issues until today. Tried to show someone pics on my phone. Tonight, on my PC, half won't show up and some of my older posts have X's. Must be having server issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. crf8

crf8 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
  3. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I sent them a "feedback" and received a reply asking for more info. Waiting to see if they respond with anything useful...

- Steps you are taking I am uploading from my iphone with excellent connection on data or with my ipad on wifi. This is not a wifi issue as all other apps/websites working just fine. I am selecting the photo in the ios Photos app to send the photo to Flickr. I have also tried sending the photos directly from my Affinity Photos app. I have been using both of these methods to send photos to Flickr for several years and suddenly neither of them are working with any type of regularity. Also - this issue has happened both on my home wifi and on other wifi.

- Any error messages you might see No error messages. It appears to be sending the photo but it never appears in my photostream. Error messages would be great so I would know what was happening but it acts the same as it does when it sends successfully. If I had to guess, I'd say it is timing out before the photos can upload but I don't understand why suddenly that would be an issue where it never was before. For the record - Yes I have "view all" selected and yes I have checked camera roll and sorted by date posted and date taken - nothing works. Sometimes several hours later the photos will appear posted 2 or 3 times if I made multiple attempts but sometimes they never appear at all. I am now sending everything to Flickr as "private" to avoid duplicate posts should it suddenly decide to work.

- Device type and operating system iPhone 6s and iPad Pro

Again - I have been using Flickr since 2013 and have never had these issues before switching to a "pro" account recently. Based on some googling I did, I'm not the only one having issues. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 5:39 PM
    To: sharonsmlbx@hotmail.com
    Subject: Re: Photos not loading

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out with us, and we do apologize for the troubles that you are running into.

Unfortunately we do not have enough information provided to us to be able to provide some troubleshooting options to fix the issue mentioned. Can you please respond with the following details?

- Steps you are taking
    - Any error messages you might see
    - Device type and operating system

If you also can provide us any screenshots of the problem you are running into, that would greatly help us to track down or understand the issue. Once we have this info, we can continue further assisting you.
    Best regards,
    Allen

Was my reply helpful today?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM <help@flickr.com> wrote:

On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 12:41 PM <sharonsmlbx@hotmail.com> wrote:
    Multiple attempts needed for photos to upload. I never had this issue when I had the free version of Flickr, now that I’m paying I can’t get anything to upload without a lot of time and frustration. Please fix or I will not be renewing. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    An excellent reply to the folks at Flickr Sharon

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I was having issues the past few days. My issue is mainly long load times when on my iPhone. I don't tend to mass upload from my phone, and it's been a while since I did mass uploads from my computer.

Recently, I had an issue where I wanted to download one of my pictures to my phone, and it kept giving me error messages. So, I restarted the app and then it worked.

6. SquarePeg

Photos OK to edit
    I don't really use my computer for photos anymore. They go from my camera to my iPad then to Flickr and Amazon Photos for storage/sharing.

Got another reply from the Flickr people blaming the issues on the fact that I have more than 1 Flickr account. They are both associated with different emails and I was logged in to the correct account so not sure how that could be the issue. Also since the issue is new and I have had both accounts for many years, that answer is lame. I responded, we'll see what they say next.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I'm generally there. I want to like Affinity, but it feels so clunky to me. I do need to use it more to get used to it. I need to find a really good tutorial on Affinity. Otherwise, I end up using Snapseed. :nonchalance:

8. SquarePeg

Photos OK to edit
    My biggest issue with Affinity is you can't group and move multiple photos - either into a project or to delete. Doing things one at a time is way too annoying.

Heard back from Flickr. They did explain a better way for me to upload which seems to have worked for now. Additionally they said there were some Flickr extensions that people were using to upload photos that are no longer supported. And I have to update my ios version - which will require me to make some room first! I'll copy/paste the emails later when I have a minute in case they are helpful to anyone else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    I thought it was three years or so ago that Photobucket caused a huge ruckus by suddenly declaring that all accounts had to be paid accounts, and immediately ceasing all free hosting, thus breaking hundreds of thousands of hot links all across the world wide web. I know that stamp and coin collectors had a lot of files uploaded to Photobucket's free accounts.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Original katomi

Original katomi No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi yes you are correct I went and looked at the reviews for pb. V poor. I will not be bringing my old ac back to life.
    As I can post direct to here, that’s what I will do. I don’t use cloud storage, my old pb account was only for posting images so a group of fellow photographers could share.

11. SquarePeg

Photos OK to edit
    When I try to post direct to TPF I usually get a file size error.

12. Original katomi

Original katomi No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I resize mine to 1050 on whatever is the longest edge saved as jpg, that seems to work for me. Made the mistake of going to flicker on I pad. Taken me an age to log out again.