Flickr issues?

An excellent reply to the folks at Flickr Sharon

I was having issues the past few days. My issue is mainly long load times when on my iPhone. I don't tend to mass upload from my phone, and it's been a while since I did mass uploads from my computer.

Recently, I had an issue where I wanted to download one of my pictures to my phone, and it kept giving me error messages. So, I restarted the app and then it worked.

I was having issues the past few days. My issue is mainly long load times when on my iPhone. I don't tend to mass upload from my phone, and it's been a while since I did mass uploads from my computer.

Recently, I had an issue where I wanted to download one of my pictures to my phone, and it kept giving me error messages. So, I restarted the app and then it worked.

I don't really use my computer for photos anymore. They go from my camera to my iPad then to Flickr and Amazon Photos for storage/sharing.

Got another reply from the Flickr people blaming the issues on the fact that I have more than 1 Flickr account. They are both associated with different emails and I was logged in to the correct account so not sure how that could be the issue. Also since the issue is new and I have had both accounts for many years, that answer is lame. I responded, we'll see what they say next.

I don't really use my computer for photos anymore.
I'm generally there. I want to like Affinity, but it feels so clunky to me. I do need to use it more to get used to it. I need to find a really good tutorial on Affinity. Otherwise, I end up using Snapseed. :nonchalance:

I don't really use my computer for photos anymore.
I'm generally there. I want to like Affinity, but it feels so clunky to me. I do need to use it more to get used to it. I need to find a really good tutorial on Affinity. Otherwise, I end up using Snapseed. :nonchalance:

My biggest issue with Affinity is you can't group and move multiple photos - either into a project or to delete. Doing things one at a time is way too annoying.

Heard back from Flickr. They did explain a better way for me to upload which seems to have worked for now. Additionally they said there were some Flickr extensions that people were using to upload photos that are no longer supported. And I have to update my ios version - which will require me to make some room first! I'll copy/paste the emails later when I have a minute in case they are helpful to anyone else.

Somewhere I have a photo bucket ac maybe I should bring that back to life and use it

I thought it was three years or so ago that Photobucket caused a huge ruckus by suddenly declaring that all accounts had to be paid accounts, and immediately ceasing all free hosting, thus breaking hundreds of thousands of hot links all across the world wide web. I know that stamp and coin collectors had a lot of files uploaded to Photobucket's free accounts.

Last edited:
Hi yes you are correct I went and looked at the reviews for pb. V poor. I will not be bringing my old ac back to life.
As I can post direct to here, that’s what I will do. I don’t use cloud storage, my old pb account was only for posting images so a group of fellow photographers could share.

Hi yes you are correct I went and looked at the reviews for pb. V poor. I will not be bringing my old ac back to life.
As I can post direct to here, that’s what I will do. I don’t use cloud storage, my old pb account was only for posting images so a group of fellow photographers could share.

When I try to post direct to TPF I usually get a file size error.

I resize mine to 1050 on whatever is the longest edge saved as jpg, that seems to work for me. Made the mistake of going to flicker on I pad. Taken me an age to log out again.

use the embed bbc link.

if you're copying and pasting from flickr to here, or you're uploading a new file to this server -- this server fails anything larger than 1024px wide.

seems like they've fixed my issue and im no longer having issues...

use the embed bbc link.

if you're copying and pasting from flickr to here, or you're uploading a new file to this server -- this server fails anything larger than 1024px wide.

seems like they've fixed my issue and im no longer having issues...

My post should have said "try to upload direct to TPF..."

yeah just make sure the image is less than 1024px.

*notices all a ruckass about flicker and realises - he's not uploaded any photos in so long he's not realised there's any problems!*
Hoping that updating your apps/firmwire/phone OS helps fix this. I agree that having two accounts shouldn't cause any issues as you'd only be logged into one at a time; though I can appreciate that out of date software could be an issue esp if you're using mobile systems and apps to upload stuff.

Somewhere I have a photo bucket ac maybe I should bring that back to life and use it

I thought it was three years or so ago that Photobucket caused a huge ruckus by suddenly declaring that all accounts had to be paid accounts, and immediately ceasing all free hosting, thus breaking hundreds of thousands of hot links all across the world wide web. I know that stamp and coin collectors had a lot of files uploaded to Photobucket's free accounts.

Yeah then their sales and company started to fall apart and they hired a new CEO who backtracked on a lot of that ;) Esp since their paid options were so high you could pay to host dozens of websites for the same cost as they were charging back then. Though ie likely had a desired effect in pushing off all but their most staunch customers

Still down; 24+ hours- far behind anticipated schedule... fingers crossed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back