flipping an image?

CorrieMichael

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
how do I get the left side of my image to look like the right side of my image?

ps6 $IMG_3212washdpimushlogo.jpg
I want the right side of the image to look like the left....right side is too distracting.....but not sure what it is called to google. all google gives me is flipping an image.......maybe it should be a composite using layers then mask out? I dunno maybe ill try that?

Are you wanting to flip the image horizontally? Copy the right side and paste it on the left? Make the left a mirror image of the right?

Look on youtube for kelby media and scott kelby. He shows you how to do what you are wanting to do in a video on travel photography. About 1/2 way through the video, he copies and flips a town to make it a reflection in water.

Six steps of Gaussian Blur, added in increasing steps starting with most of the right side, and selecting smaller portions each step but increasing the blur rate.

IMG_3212washdpimushlogoEdit.jpg

Are you wanting to flip the image horizontally? Copy the right side and paste it on the left? Make the left a mirror image of the right?

EXACTLY

Six steps of Gaussian Blur, added in increasing steps starting with most of the right side, and selecting smaller portions each step but increasing the blur rate.

IMG_3212washdpimushlogoEdit.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Look on youtube for kelby media and scott kelby. He shows you how to do what you are wanting to do in a video on travel photography. About 1/2 way through the video, he copies and flips a town to make it a reflection in water.

thank you!

do you happen to have the link? reduce time.......

Gimme a few minutes... I'm uploading a screen video of your image right now.

Sorry, no audio, so I'll have to type out the steps.

First, I chose the Lasso tool with a Feathered Edge radius set to 100. I selected as much of the right side of the image as possible. I then applied a Gaussian Blur to the selected right side of the image. I then repeated the same process, each time applying a Gaussian Blur with a higher radius (5 to start, ended with 30). When using the Lasso tool, I'm able to 'select' the white canvas outside the image, so all you see in the screen capture is a line ("marching ants") on the image itself. Everything to the right of the line is selected to apply the Blur.

As you can see in the video, I start to select less and less of the image until I choose the top left and the bottom right.

So each step was applied to a smaller area, but a higher blur radius, as I selected smaller areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why make an image of a ring that you want to be the primary image subject, where the ring occupies 1/200th of the image frame? :scratch:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back