flying rat

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
They call them that, but I've always likes their colours. Horrible eyes though.

Don't think he likes the topic title. Come back! :(

I never got that whole crow thing. How did that start? :lol:

There are lots of them at one spot where I ride my bike. I plan at getting up at 4-5am one day and I'll take a walk over. I don't like taking photos when people are about. :oops:

Thanks for replying. :)

I can see why they caught your attention. I like the 2nd one the best of the series. Makes me wonder what s/he is thinking about.

ferny said:
... I plan at getting up at 4-5am one day ...

HA!

You too?
And every morning when I wake up at that hour through something like the cat coming in or so I think "Ah, not todaaaaayyyyy!"

If that pigeon keeps flying like it does in your third photo, its sinking rate will be 1:plunge... ;)

Again: I never got as close to them (even with the zoom extended to 300mm) ... but that is the rule with me. :grumpy: :meh: ;) :lol:

Is No 2 standing on a wall or something? Possibly needed to crop lower down on that one to include it or a couple of mil higher to hide it?

Nice colours and greens to the trees & leaves but.............

I hate em! Damn tree rats! Where's me' gun!

You too?
And every morning when I wake up at that hour through something like the cat coming in or so I think "Ah, not todaaaaayyyyy!"
I almost did it the other day. I woke up at 4am. Then I remembered I'd gone to sleep at 12 so should probably get some more. :mrgreen:

School holidays start enxt week, so no work for six weeks. I'll probably do it then.
Is No 2 standing on a wall or something? Possibly needed to crop lower down on that one to include it or a couple of mil higher to hide it?
Garden fence. He was only six feet away. I thought about cropping it so there was no fence, but then thought that may look odd. I decided to leave that tiny bit there so you'd know he wasn't floating. :mrgreen:

nice group of shots ferny. the first looks like something from Chillers prop collection...the last is awesome.

i've always considered the seagull a flying rat, having more repect for the pigeon.

Going a little OT here (sorry Ferny)

My previous boss and friend was ill for 2 months with a disease he caught from pigeon "pooh" whilst replacing a roof, that is very similar to weils (sp) disease that is spread through rat pee.

After the first week of cold sweats and hallucinations he was admitted to hospital and was in there for the following 4 weeks! Although he was asleep/semi coma for most of it and eventually recovered it is a disease that kills! But like he said afterwards! "It's a hell of a way to loose weight!" He used to be a very strong joiner but now he pushes a pen at his workshop!:grumpy:

So beware the pigeon pooh!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back