For Jon Mikal et al

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was funny you posted some people sports photography today as I had to shoot our first company softball game of the year today. As I mentioned in your post I shot all these in continuous focus on shutter priority and creatively cropped each image. I used the vivid setting on the D-70 and tightened the levels.

DSC_2608.jpg

DSC_2611.jpg

DSC_2613.jpg

DSC_2621.jpg

DSC_2641.jpg

DSC_2653.jpg

DSC_2658.jpg

DSC_2710.jpg

A few more images can be seen at http://www.airic.ca/html/blacks.html

For all those that say the D-70 has a focusing problem all I can say is "Ya, Right"

Enjoy,

Eric

ah, excellent my man! my recent sports attempt and the following image :lmao: is why i will always leave action and aircraft shots in your very capable hands.

20216944-L.jpg

Wow, Airic - these are terrific!! :shock: Not what I'm used to seeing from you. I like them all, for their sharpness and good action captures - but the following really stand out for me: #s 1, 4, 6 and 8. :thumbup:

Looks like it was a good game, too! ;) Nice post.

Good stop action captures. I enjoy looking at their faces when thier concentrating so hard. and I bet they will also. What lense and iso where you using?

I cant wait to get back to the ball field this summer. I got a few that I really liked last summer, but much has been learned since then.

I can only hope to capture a couple near as good as these, sir. :hail:

Very nice. Good job at framing the action. Does the team play as well as they look in the photos? Also are you shoot jpg or raw and thru the fence or not?

Jeff,

I only shoot NEFF for calendar or magazine work. These were all shot on high fine. From this setting I have been able to make very nice 20x24 prints so that is good enough. Almost all the shots were taken just off the third base bag. Had to keep my eyes open, did not want to get beaned with the ball.

Eric

AIRIC you are my master now :D great shots!
I used to play baseball (sp?) when I was 10 :) but unfortunately we don't have any diamond-shaped pitch for baseball... I'm afraid... in Poland... there's none of them. So we played on the football pitch but it was hard to paint a lines there. But I'd love to have a chance to play it once again

And do you know what?! In Poland we have to get a special agreement on having a baseball bat from our local government!!!! that sucks!!!

When I shoot baseball A lot of times I have to shoot thru the fence, unfortunately this loses at less 1 stop and sometime more. So you where coach third with a camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back