Fuji Instax in a TLR? Why Not!

Want.

I love instant film, and though it's probably the least exciting form of instant film (because I can't do anything with it AFTER the print!) the Instax does an excellent job with colors and clarity. The Instax cameras have never really been inspiring for me and I'd love to have more control over the image, like with this conversion. Now the question becomes, how much of a project am I ready for? ;) I would also need another TLR that I'm willing to convert because I don't want to sacrifice any of the ones I already have.

Wonder if the little Yashica 44 could be hacked to swallow Instax?

Hi, I'm the one who made the InsTLR and have just come across this thread. With regards to sacrificing a TLR, I did my conversion without any modifications to the TLR itself as I still want to be able to shoot 120/35 in it as well as Instax. The new version of my InsTLR back is completely printed with no need for a donor Instax body so will be a straight bolt on unit. I'm working on the models at the moment but should have a complete working unit within the next 4 weeks.

With regards to a Yashica 44, I'm in the middle of a 35mm conversion on one now as there's no way you could fit the Instax components within the width of the body so it would end up looking like a bolt on which I wouldn't really want. I'm focusing on the 35mm conversion instead to make it completely seemless from the outside so it looks like a standard 127 camera except for a digital frame counter built into the rear door so I have control over the frame spacing instead of guesswork!

Yashica 44-135 "Project Beater"

Cheers
Steve

Love the Baby Yashicas. Often on offer in nice(maybe even working)condition at photo swap meets in my area for peanuts. Looks promising. Thanks!

Thanks. A friend of mine shoots 127 in his Baby Rollei and I've always liked the handling. I've got a Yashica 635 as my main TLR but came across the Yashica 44 in a very poor state on Ebay so felt sorry for it! Hopefully I can give it another lease of life shooting 35mm :0)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back