Get Lively

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For a Monday, I'm doin alright. How bout you folks?

Eh? Any stories from the weekend I should know about?

I had a wonderful Thia dinner last night. Also, I don't like Yellow Tail Shiraz. To...spicy.

That is all.

Yellow Tail shiraz is generally plonk. :mrgreen: Cheap, though. In its defense, why were you drinking shiraz with Thai food? :puke: The poor wine never had a chance. Thai food wants white, preferably champagne.

I had a good arts festival over the weekend. The weather was perfect. I had this one guy who called my stuff "delightful" and "unique" and bought 10 pieces on the spot to decorate his brand new office. That was hella cool. :)

We drank a bottle of champagne in our booth on Saturday afternoon to celebrate, then went straight to dinner and drank a bottle of red. :drunk:

Saturday was a good day. :heart: I'm exhausted today, though.

terri said:
Yellow Tail shiraz is generally plonk. :mrgreen: Cheap, though. In its defense, why were you drinking shiraz with Thai food? :puke: The poor wine never had a chance. Thai food wants white, preferably champagne.

I had a good arts festival over the weekend. The weather was perfect. I had this one guy who called my stuff "delightful" and "unique" and bought 10 pieces on the spot to decorate his brand new office. That was hella cool. :)

We drank a bottle of champagne in our booth on Saturday afternoon to celebrate, then went straight to dinner and drank a bottle of red. :drunk:

Saturday was a good day. :heart: I'm exhausted today, though.

Your stuff is delightful and unique, and I soon plan to find a frame for my Terri Sprinkle butterfly and put it somewhere in my apartment...can't figure out where though! :lol:

I worked all weekend. It was insane busy, lots of customers, but not too terrible. I have some of the most wonderful elderly customers that come in and see me on Sundays. I was on my lunch yesterday when the assistant manager told me I had a customer waiting for me in my department...I started to get up (even though I had only had about 10 min of my 30min lunch) and my assistant said "no, continue with your lunch, she said she'd wait for you and look around, but you are the only one she'll let help her". It was a sweet old lady I had helped a week or two ago to pick out a loose powder (I work in cosmetics), and she wanted my help again. It's sweet people like that who make me actually sorta like that job.

awwww.....that does sound sweet. :) You're the nice girl who takes time to help her out - that is what folks remember!

And you do have lots of wall space to fill these days, as I recall. ;)

So much for getting lively. Go drink some coffee or something people. It's Monday!!!

SMILE!

but more importantly POST!

bace said:
So much for getting lively. Go drink some coffee or something people. It's Monday!!!

SMILE!

but more importantly POST!
Hey!! :irked: I said I was exhausted, but I also tossed in an insult on your wine choice....if you don't wanna take the bait, that's hardly my issue.

And I am smiling. For many reasons. :mrgreen:

Clearly your taste in wine is irrelivant. I'm drinking Yellow Tail becaues the other options were crap. Two Merlot's and some other crap Shiraz.

I DON'T DRINK FUC.KING MERLOT!!!!

I had a great shiraz a few weeks ago. Wish I could remember the brand. I could do with having an extra bottle at the new pad for when women come over to "watch movies".

Now see? That's an attempt to be lively. :mrgreen:

What's merlot got to do with anything? :scratch: Who cares if you don't drink it or not? There are plenty of other red varietals to choose from, punkin. I thought we were talking about shiraz, and in particular, shiraz with Thai food. :D

As an aside, I say again I am tired and want to go home and crash on the couch with the tv remote. I never get to do that anymore. :x

We had lamb and Green Curry Chicken.

Plus, I just prefer red. I'd drink red with any meal really. Unless it's the summer. Cooler drinks are better for the summer.

p.s. that quote was from the movie sideways

Jack: If they want to drink Merlot, we're drinking Merlot.
Miles Raymond: No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any ****ing Merlot!

Bah my life is so boring. I've been taking pictures, drawing, and reading all weekend...just me and my dog. Anyone wanna come hang out and watch some movies or something?

Verbal said:
Bah my life is so boring. I've been taking pictures, drawing, and reading all weekend...just me and my dog. Anyone wanna come hang out and watch some movies or something?
I don't know what it's like to be bored anymore. I can't even envision it. Well, unless I'm itching to get out of work because I have other stuff waiting on me. :) I'd love to just lie around and watch movies. It would be a treat to not have to do anything!

bace said:
We had lamb and Green Curry Chicken.

Plus, I just prefer red. I'd drink red with any meal really. Unless it's the summer. Cooler drinks are better for the summer.

p.s. that quote was from the movie sideways

Jack: If they want to drink Merlot, we're drinking Merlot.
Miles Raymond: No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any ****ing Merlot!
:lol: Sorry, I missed the reference. Loved that movie. Poor merlot, has such a crappy reputation after coming into favor with the general population. ;) Try a grenache or CdP, very food friendly reds.

I'm a big red wine slut, too. :razz: Never bought any whites till about a year ago, when Riesling came into my life and changed everything. :mrgreen: Now, my husband has some fancy reserve chablis waiting in the fridge, that he tried at a tasting. :puke: To paraphrase Miles Raymond - I do NOT drink any ****ing chablis!!! I don't know how to get out of it. There had better be a backup bottle of Riesling in the house, for when I dump that plonk down the drain!

i bought a bottle of that murray that was in the movie as well....it was very good. they trashed the wine in the movie, but it was totally unfounded.

i liked it.

I don't remember what we did this weekend, I just know there wasn't enough napping involved! :meh:

I worked a half day Saturday...then we had a photo shoot get rained out so instead of doing outdoors like we had planned we did indoor shots. Then...hmm...watched the river rise and the water pour into our basement...Sunday we shot a wedding in the morning, went shopping, came home and edited photos, had some dinner and I think I fell asleep on the couch. We're both tired today, must be the constant grey skies.

Malachite got his birthday presents on Friday night. THIS and a few movies. We had dinner and went to bed. Got up late Saturday, went shopping at the Hobby shop for supplies for his slope glider and futzed around the house while he assembled it. I rode one of the horses at the barn and went to Target with the neighbor. Made chicken salad, watched Independance Day and went to bed. Got up really late Sunday and just lounged. Watched The Last Castle while eating Penne pasta with my homemade sauce that had been cooking ALL day, polished off a bottle of Merlot and went to bed. All in all, a nice relaxing weekend. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back