Getting professional photos with pop-up flash

tearpaper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Hey all! I'm going to show you how to diffuse your pop up flash for FREE and get professional photos without having to purchase a off camera flash.What inspired me to make this video was the sony a7000 camera i loved everything about my new nikon d5500 except that the flash doesn't rotate to diffuse the harsh shadows. So I played around and got this. Let me know how this worked for you.

cheap diffusers:
- use a business card at an angle in front of the flash to bounce it off the ceiling, or to the side etc.
- piece of paper in front to diffuse
- and a multitude of other things you can put in front of the flash to diffuse the light without actually blocking it.

Looks like she took a photography course at some community college and then made this video. Suggestion get some real life experience before trying to tell others how to do it. Just the fact that she did the hand thing and not a business card or piece of paper tells a volume about her 'expertise'.

Can't shoot a video in focus, but she's gonna train photographers.

Remember, everyone has to start somewhere! How about offering some beneficial suggestions on ways the OPs presentation could be improved?

Well, it certainly didn't need to be 7 minutes, for one thing!

This is the Beginners Forum and it is a video for beginners. The biggest trouble I see is in the title. How about "A Beginners Guide to Pop-up Flash."
An honest effort by the OP but she should have considered her audience.

Tirediron and Dennybeall, you are right, but the word "professional" drives often to a misunderstanding. I've seen a lot of so called pro making terrible stuff. A professional photographer is simply one who pays the bills with the photography.

nowadays the term "professional" is as much a marketing word as a skill level.

we can all go out and buy a "professional" whatever (product or service) that costs 1/10th or less the price of a real professional whatever.

I can take professional photos WITHOUT my popup flash.
so THERE!

$10 says the snide replies in this thread have guaranteed that the new member and the OP will not be back. Looks like TPF has managed to turn yet another potential member away. Kind of unfortunate, especially when one can literally see, and hear, who the OP was, and what the video was trying to show/accomplish.

Maybe this Halloween you all can get together and steal some candy from trick-or-treating kids. Should be great sport!

This is the Beginners Forum and it is a video for beginners.
Mostly its a video from a beginner, really.

$10 says the snide replies in this thread have guaranteed that the new member and the OP will not be back. [...]
I applaud the intention, but the execution leaves something to be desired.

Most reactions

Back