Golden Fall Evening

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From my latest nature walk at the preserve. I am guessing this is in the thistle family. The photo has some green fringing and usually ACR will clean up, but not this time. Any suggestions on editing the green fringe?

Golden Fall Evening by Cheryl, on Flickr

Did not understand everything is said on the post... But I like the photo. Good light and the colors are just astounding. Great shot as far as I am concerned.

Sorry, can't help you with the fringing. I think I see what you're talking about, but I doubt I would have noticed anything on my own had you not mentioned it. It's a lovely shot.

Nice shot. Chromatic Aberrations (fringing) can be easily corrected in LR. How to remove chromatic aberration (color fringing) in Adobe Lightroom . I took your image into LR and adjusted the color temp slightly, reduced the highlights, reduced noise, adjusted contrast, highlights, clarity, and ran chromatic aberration in manual, resulting in this. Any better?

edit1-1.jpg

From my latest nature walk at the preserve. I am guessing this is in the thistle family. The photo has some green fringing and usually ACR will clean up, but not this time. Any suggestions on editing the green fringe?

Golden Fall Evening by Cheryl, on Flickr
Looks beautiful to me.

Nice shot. Chromatic Aberrations (fringing) can be easily corrected in LR. How to remove chromatic aberration (color fringing) in Adobe Lightroom . I took your image into LR and adjusted the color temp slightly, reduced the highlights, reduced noise, adjusted contrast, highlights, clarity, and ran chromatic aberration in manual, resulting in this. Any better?

View attachment 148122

Yes, it looks less green. Thanks for listing your adjustments. I do not have LR, but I think ACR has some of the same panels. Usually the panel in ACR removes the Chromatic Aberrations, but this time the slider did no changes. This lens usually has the purple fringing and ACR removes it easily. Maybe LR's panel has a better range?

the panel in ACR removes the Chromatic Aberrations, but this time the slider did no chang

My workflow is Bridge > LR > PS, so I don't do a lot of editing in ACR , but I believe the panel is the same, click on manual tab. You had a combination of things going on, from WB, to noise (luminance & chromatic), contrast, highlights etc.

the panel in ACR removes the Chromatic Aberrations, but this time the slider did no chang

My workflow is Bridge > LR > PS, so I don't do a lot of editing in ACR , but I believe the panel is the same, click on manual tab. You had a combination of things going on, from WB, to noise (luminance & chromatic), contrast, highlights etc.

I took your edit next to mine in PS and definitely see the subtle changes. The whites are brighter in your edit (checked the numbers) and overall your edit looks better. My workflow is BR>ACR>PS. I have an older PS CS5. Bridge and ACR is CS6, the last one you could buy which came with PrPro & AE. I use ACR for the lens panel, white balance & cropping and save as a .psd to send to PS. My edit I did play with the WB, but left it as shot and used a highpass brush in PS for detail in the heads only. I think your edit with contrast added globally looks better. Sometimes I use ProContrast in the Nik Collection.

Thanks for taking the time to edit and explain your changes :)

Most reactions

Back