nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Golden hour can make all the difference sometimes. It isn't my favorite photo I ever taken but interestingly, it became one of my most "liked" photos on Instagram, just on it's own.

Nikon D610 + 70-200 f/4 VR
190mm, 1/500th, f/5.6, ISO 220

Gold by Nicholas Erwin, on Flickr

I've come to realize that on Instagram you need to fill the whole frame with the subject. I suppose with the photo mostly being seen as a tiny thumbnail, it's to be expected.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I've come to realize that on Instagram you need to fill the whole frame with the subject. I suppose with the photo mostly being seen as a tiny thumbnail, it's to be expected.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yeah, Instagram is weird like that.

But just about any photo sharing site like Instagram, Flickr, 500px..etc EVERYONE likes photos that are bright vivid colors. I probably could literally "paint" a photo in photoshop with said colors and probably get a bunch of likes on Instagram, that would be a fun experiment haha!

Honestly, I need to stop trying to take photos to only get likes, favorites, comments etc and shoot whatever I want that makes me happy. Sure, it's a nice feeling, don't get me wrong. But when you share a photo and it's get zero feedback and your so use to getting that type of positive feedback on your photos, it kind of puts you down in the dumps.

I suppose you could look at as a means to motivate you and get out there and shoot. Having a goal in mind could help. So I don't know, I'm a bit conflicted haha.

I like it, does that count? LOL It is a good catch, I think the beautiful warm colors make this more than anything. The red orange and the greens compliment each other and are pleasing to the eye. The OOF areas contribute to the scene without being distracting. Only comment that might improve this shot any would have been a slightly deeper DOF or bringing the camera angle down slightly so that all the seed heads were in equally sharp focus, but that's a minor issue. Not much to not like about this, print it, frame it, and enjoy!

I like it, does that count? LOL It is a good catch, I think the beautiful warm colors make this more than anything. The red orange and the greens compliment each other and are pleasing to the eye. The OOF areas contribute to the scene without being distracting. Only comment that might improve this shot any would have been a slightly deeper DOF or bringing the camera angle down slightly so that all the seed heads were in equally sharp focus, but that's a minor issue. Not much to not like about this, print it, frame it, and enjoy!

I'll have to try shooting it again with a larger dof and lower angle and see what happens. Thanks!

It might look good printed, I might have to do that. It might look awesome on metallic paper, really would bring out the contrast and make it pop!

I'll have to try shooting it again with a larger dof and lower angle and see what happens. Thanks!

You probably have sufficient DOF if you just lower the angle slightly, but the trade off would be to lose some of the detail within the head. Tough choice.

I decided to reshoot it. I did it a little different this time.

Erwin-170720-12677.jpg

Simple, minimal, and beautiful.

Great, great color. Something very soothing about this.

I got bit several times by mosquitoes while taking this photo!! It's one of the downfalls of shooting photos in nature I guess. Haha.

It's amazing what you can do in your own backyard!

Most reactions

Back