What's new

Good Memory Card?

DWHJR

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have just recently bought a Canon 40D, and was wondering what is a good and fast memory card for the 40D?

THanks!

DWHJR
 
The 'speed' of the memory card is less important than the camera's buffer and processor, so most memory cards will perform similarly with regular shooting. If you are rapid-fire shooting for an extended period of time, a faster card can help clear the buffer faster.

Faster cards do upload faster though, and also make it quicker when reviewing images on the camera's LCD.

I like Sandisk personally. Their Extreme III and Extreme IV cards are great.
 
I like Sandisk personally. Their Extreme III and Extreme IV cards are great.
I use SanDisk too. Currently using Ultra IIs and haven't had a problem with them but I do plan to get some Extreme IIIs soon. Many of my shooting buddies use Extreme IIIs and IVs and haven't complained.
 
I use Sandisk Extreme III and I love them. Never had a problem.
 
Sandisk Extreme IV here as well.
 
also an extreme III user.
i just saw the price of the extreme IV...wow...i forgot that cards can be expensive
 
Looks like I am going scandisk extreme III or IV,

THanks for the help!

DWHJR
 
Also of note...if you use Extreme IV cards with the special Extreme IV card reader, your upload speed can be super fast.
 
I also use Sandisk Extreme III. No problems whatsoever.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom