good tripod for beginner?

I went to my local B&M shop this weekend to buy a tripod and ended up getting a solid tripod with pistol grip ball AND a used Monopod for about what I thought I was going to pay for just the tripod. (The owner made me a great deal on the monopod.)

I agree with everyone's posts about not skimping on your tripod but might a make a "cheaper" alternative that i think has payed off. I got a tripod for christmas that i have really liked. It is all carbon fiber and very easy to haul around and maneuver. It is the Dolica Proline 60" Carbon Fiber Tripod with Ball Head Bundle ZX600B103.
It has been a great tripod for me, and i am a beginner as well. You can get them most anywhere and with a price tag of only 100.00$ it is very hard to beat its price and craftsmanship. If you have the money, get a manfrotto, you will not be dissatisfied. If you are a little more budget minded, the Dolica is a great option that I recommend.

I've used cheap, shaky tripods before, and they're no good. You have to be sure it's stable; that's the whole point.

I often use stone walls or fences if I don't have a tripod with me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back