Got Milk? C&C

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon Rebel XS 50mm 1.8. ISO400.

3731654127_42e7e598bd_o.jpg

The noise is annoying but it was not really a planned out shot so lighting was what it was.... Trying to work on my composition. Thoughts appreciated

your crop is a bit too tight. it would have been better if the top of the cats back wasnt cut out.
also, when playing to the RO3, its better to shoot the subject at a bit of an angle towards the open space. otherwise i would have gone with more of a portrait composition.

Too bad you cut off his ears but, other than that, I like this photo. The composition is fine. You have an idea of where this is from what is seen of the background but it is so vague that it is not annoying at all.

And the light is not that bad.

i have a good feeling if I put another glass of milk down I'll get another shot at this any time I want......haha

Cute pic idea.........would love to see more of the cat :sexywink:

I will definately try this one again, thanks for the advice

3731654127_42e7e598bd_o.jpg

I took a small liberty of cropping and straightening just to drop a new perspective...Ideally a clean glass would be nice as well.

BTW, I do like the photo or I would not have bothered.

have a good one
3Eo

dont crop it like that it centers the subject i like the original better

Thanks for the tips guys, I think on the next shot I'll try to get more of the cat in, I had the camera on the floor so it was more of a crap shoot on what actually got in the shot

I'm interested why you guys think my crop is too tight. In the original photo you have a poor bokeh of a tail and some pink, blue and what appears to be the blown highlights of a wall. When I look at the original photo I feel my eyes being drawn in that direction only to be left w/nothing that adds to the message of the image. The floor in the foreground already tells the viewer that you're indoors, so what else is needed?

Centering the subject is not such a poor concept...Ansel Adams was known to do it a few times in his day!
aak01.jpg

have a good one
3Eo

Most reactions

Back