Great Blue Heron Showing Off for the Camera

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this guy really didnt mind us being pretty close, i was using my 300mm with 2x extender for 600mm and as you can see it filled the frame, most of these are uncropped, sometimes being too large.

1)
hc_1.jpg

2)
hc_2.jpg

3)
hc_3.jpg

4)
hc_4.jpg

5)
hc_5.jpg

6)
hc_6.jpg

7)
hc_7.jpg

8)
hc_8.jpg

9)
hc_9.jpg

10)
hc_10.jpg

Great shots. I like #8 the best.

Great series, they are sharp, which 2x extender are you using?

I love the perspective in #1
the detail in the feathers of #8
and the composition and lighting of # 4
some of the other ones have awkward position that take away the natural grace of this bird, but they are still very nice shots.

Excellent action shots of a (forme at least) usually static bird.

Thanks guy, usually a static bird for me too. It was strange that the bird was acting like this within maybe 30-50 feet, of us, me and another photographer where out there. the bird would go fly down to the water and fly back to his branch, didnt care too much about us.

I am using the Nikon TC20E III - the latest version. i use it 90% or so of the time with my 300mm f2.8 set on F8, mostly for increased DOF, but increased sharpness as well. obviously these are sharpened in post, i shoot RAW, light was fading and this was right before sunset so i had to rely on ISO to 3600-4000 area. was lucky the bird was filling the frame or noise would have been a major issue if i needed to crop.

Nice series! I like #8 the best, it's a different view than the usual heron shots.

thanks guys got some fantastic ones today, cannot wait to get to editing them.

Great Series! I really like 3 and 9, it is an angle I almost never see! I'm surprised you had so much DOF!

Really nice shots, you captured the action great! My favorite is number 8! :)

Beautiful. I need to find myself some blue Herons and learn how to capture like these... Great shots!

I am loving #7, the bird looks like its flashing you. Great set!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back