Guitar players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Martin DX-1 that I love. It's hard to find time to practice, however, when you have a 2 year old and 9 year old daughter pulling at you....

I have a Martin DX-1 that I love. It's hard to find time to practice, however, when you have a 2 year old and 9 year old daughter pulling at you....

I always thought playing guitar was supposed to get women your own age to pull at you? :sexywink:

Awesome! I'm big into classic rock. My favorite band is Van Halen, so that's a hint to the stuff I play.

When I think classic rock... Stevie Winwood and traffic, BOC, BTO, ELO and the Doobie Brothers come to mind.

I play bass, and have an Ibanez Soundgear SR405 5 string, playing through a Mesa Boogie Basis 6000 and 4x10 Quad. OH, and I have a Takamine Acoustic guitar as well.

I used to play drums in a band. I tried the guitar and sucked at it. One of many things I've failed to learn.

Just for yucks, here's an ink-blot type image of an axe:

$Guitar-a.jpg

Well...they ain't guitars, but I do play something :mrgreen:

I play a lot of classic rock and oldies, with some newer stuff mixed in. Used to do a lot of ska.

(excuse the poor photo...)

$sax1.jpg

I've been playing for 36 years. In that time, my collection has been as high as 37 pieces. I played most of them regularly. I'm down to a very sane three guitars right now:

My 1990 Fender American Standard Strat:

6499161957_2a57fe1039_z.jpg

My Highway One Strat (forget the year):

6499161517_cfdd0fd83c_z.jpg

And here's my all-time favorite. This is my 1986 Alvarez-Yairi DY-66. It was in absolutely pristine condition when I got it in 1987. I've owned Martins and I've owned Taylors (I worked at Taylor for eight years), but this Japanese import rose to the top when it came time to thin the herd:

6499160449_0f64ed3508_z.jpg

Finally, just for the Hell of it, here's a shot of me during a gig at Qualcomm Stadium, in San Diego, in 2003. My hair's not quite that long now:

9701487624_ca0133c0cc.jpg

Don't have any good pictures of it at the moment, but I have an ESP LTD M-200 and a Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 65r combo. I try to play a variety of things, from Led Zeppelin to Slayer, but I'm self "taught" and haven't really put in the necessary time to really be good at it. More of a noodling around thing.

I use to play the electric fender strat then got into acoustic guitar sound more. I use to love playing Angie by the Rolling Stones.I love music,I think I would die with out it.

Last edited:
I use to play the electric fender strat then got into acoustic guitar sound more. I use to love playing Angie by the Rolling Stones.I love music,I think I would die with out it.

Agreed. I listen to it 35/40 work hours and the day would drag on without it.

Don't have any good pictures of it at the moment, but I have an ESP LTD M-200 and a Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 65r combo. I try to play a variety of things, from Led Zeppelin to Slayer, but I'm self "taught" and haven't really put in the necessary time to really be good at it. More of a noodling around thing.

I'm all self taught. I can't read music or name notes and all the chords I know, but I YouTube songs and learn them. I've been playing 5ish years. I gave up guitar hero for a real guitar all thanks to the "bark at the moon" solo. Ha

Guitar/songwriting is my other main hobby. I’m not much of a gear-head; I truly believe that a great song will be a great song on any guitar that can stay in tune.

I’ve only ever owned a few different guitars in my life, none of them the least bit “high end”. Actually, my screen name on this site comes from the name I gave a “franken-strat” I cobbled together using all kinds of different parts. It started as a Stratocaster knock-off, but I replaced the bridge and pick guard, installed some locking tuners, and replaced the tinny stock pickups with 3 different low-noise DiMarzios. I also installed a little red radio shack button as a kill-switch. The pick-guard and all of the hardware are black. It worked out really great, and for a total investment of about $350 and some time, I have a pretty rocking instrument.

I love to just play rock n’ roll, nothing too heavy and nothing too light. As I get older, I find myself writing more and more acoustic stuff.

I also like to do multi-track recordings in my basement, which allows me to do everything without a band. Haven’t done much recently but I have a mountain of unrecorded tunes I hope to get recorded someday (I’m just too lazy to finalize all the lyrics… grrr).

Here’s a sample: SoundClick artist: Matt Dee - page with MP3 music downloads

Fender 80's era Japanese strat and a Marshall half stack for this kid who refuses to grow up!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back