What's new

Hamburg for advanced students - the Town Hall

hamburger

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Location
Hamburg, Germany (north)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lots to see in the Town Hall's courtyard, namely the fountain with all those ghoulish and not-so-ghoulish chaps around:

#1
hh300307101.jpg


#2
hh300307100.jpg


#3
hh300307095.jpg


#4
hh300307092.jpg


#5
hh300307091.jpg


#6
hh300307090.jpg


#7
hh300307082.jpg

I know this one's a bit out of focus; I never realised until I saw it on my PC screen... :-(

And this lady is towering over them all:
#9
hh300307116.jpg
 
Well, I have been in the inner court yard of Hamburg Town Hall before, but I don't remember that fountain! :shock:
But the only time I ever went there was in summer of 1999 when we moved up north and everything about Hamburg was extremely new to me, so I took absolute tourist pics at the time and had no eye for the details.

I do like your chosen DOF (depth of field) in Photo 3! Just the hands in focus ... I like that. Or only the mirror in 7... nice play with the wide open lens! :D
 
I agree, nice play with DOF in most of them.

It wors particulary well in number 3 ... however, it does not work for me in number 7 (with the mirror in focus). not sure why though!

Hmm, haven't been to Hamburg for many years now!
 
oh, and 3 is my overall favourite anyway ;)
 
I agree, nice play with DOF in most of them.

It wors particulary well in number 3 ... however, it does not work for me in number 7 (with the mirror in focus). not sure why though!

Thanks Alex! Actually, #7 wasn't intended that way... I hadn't graduated to manual exposure by that time and the automatic exposure kept playing tricks on me. Keep in mind that I've only had this camera for a few weeks, haven't mastered all its functions yet - and had the manual safely at home and not at hand, of course!!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom