Have you used Square reader?

Square is awesome. For what I do it comes out significantly cheaper to take credit/debit than trying to go with a merchant account through the credit card companies and then buy a reader. Instead of a huge monthly bill for having access to the system (probably a better deal if you have hundreds of transactions a week) I only have to pay a per transaction fee with Square. That's a lot cheaper since I'm only a part time photographer who only charges for some of his shoots. There are no hidden fees... all the math and everything else is clearly listed in the documentation and you can accurately predict exactly how much the fee will be each time you make a transaction.

If you had to pay for a reader, it was probably not one of the little ones that plug into a smart phone. It's probably one of the bigger readers that can do cards with chips or some such.

I'm guessing they will say what is in the screen capture I posted previously.

Where did you get this screenshot? I think I still have to pay $49.99 in California.
Bottom of the page: Free Credit Card Reader | Square Reader

Okay, I bought a different product, so it is not qualify for free.
Oh so it isn't a Square Reader?

Dear forum, I bought a Ford Pickup. How come I have to pay for On Star after the first year? :biggrin-93:

What did you get? This perhaps?

I'm guessing they will say what is in the screen capture I posted previously.

Where did you get this screenshot? I think I still have to pay $49.99 in California.
Bottom of the page: Free Credit Card Reader | Square Reader

Okay, I bought a different product, so it is not qualify for free.
Oh so it isn't a Square Reader?

Dear forum, I bought a Ford Pickup. How come I have to pay for On Star after the first year? :biggrin-93:

What did you get? This perhaps?

It is still Square reader, just a different model.

... It's probably one of the bigger readers that can do cards with chips or some such.
I'm not familiar with all their products. But their "newer" little square reader that fits on an iphone through the plug does do chip cards. You can swipe, or if you look at it from above there is a separator between the swiping area and a chip reader.

They have the larger chip one too that you insert the card into. A friend of mine has the regular small square one that can also take chips .. I don't see it on the website though.

You have the Contactless + Chip Reader. The fee is still the same.
Capto_Capture 2017-05-15_12-16-45_PM.png

... It's probably one of the bigger readers that can do cards with chips or some such.
I'm not familiar with all their products. But their "newer" little square reader that fits on an iphone through the plug does do chip cards. You can swipe, or if you look at it from above there is a separator between the swiping area and a chip reader.

They have the larger chip one too that you insert the card into. A friend of mine has the regular small square one that can also take chips .. I don't see it on the website though.
Might be about time to update mine, I've been using it for years now. I wasn't aware the small ones can handle chips now... I thought that was something they were still reserving for the readers you had to pay for.

you should take a picture and post of the box that you bought ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back