Haverhill-Bath Covered Bridge

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the covered bridge I stood on to take this picture I shared yesterday. Not the greatest photo in the world but I noticed the lighting and took advantage of it. Like I said on the previous black & white photo it was very cloudy and you can see in this picture where it started to break up and the sunlight was coming through. It was also getting closer to evening hours as well so the sun was getting a little bit lower in the sky which made the lighting a little bit more interesting.

There was a bunch of power lines overhead and so I photoshopped them out.

Nikon D610 + 20 1.8G
1/160th, f/8, ISO 200

Erwin-170819-13760-Edit.jpg

Very nice, it is a tad too saturated imo, especially the greens (on my un-calibrated monitor).

Very nice, it is a tad too saturated imo, especially the greens (on my un-calibrated monitor).

Looks fine to me, but then again...I vividness. Lol

I pulled back on the greens and yellows a little. But it doesn't have the pop that I like. Then again..I have a calibrated monitor so it's possible you are seeing differently than me.

Erwin-170819-13760-Edit.jpg

(my personal thought, I don't care much about realisticness anymore, I'm trying to be me and have my own style to stand out from the rest.)

I like the greener version better than the yellower version, but I do agree, I think as long as you own a style, who cares. There will always be what is "technically perfect", but I think particularly for landscape photos, there is definitely room for stylistic decisions.

I like the greener version better than the yellower version, but I do agree, I think as long as you own a style, who cares. There will always be what is "technically perfect", but I think particularly for landscape photos, there is definitely room for stylistic decisions.

That's the thing. A lot of people take photos today and if everyone made their edits technically perfect then everything would look the same and be boring. I try to make my photos stand out and yeah maybe sometimes I can go over the top a little but heck it, they are my photos after all! Isn't that suppose to be the beauty of art? We are all unique with unique thoughts, unique personalities and that right there makes our photos unique I think or maybe I'm wrong, but it's a thought anyways. Haha. :D

That's the thing. A lot of people take photos today and if everyone made their edits technically perfect then everything would look the same and be boring. I try to make my photos stand out and yeah maybe sometimes I can go over the top a little but heck it, they are my photos after all! Isn't that suppose to be the beauty of art? We are all unique with unique thoughts, unique personalities and that right there makes our photos unique I think or maybe I'm wrong lol.

I'm sure someone will be along to tell you you're wrong soon ;)

That's the thing. A lot of people take photos today and if everyone made their edits technically perfect then everything would look the same and be boring. I try to make my photos stand out and yeah maybe sometimes I can go over the top a little but heck it, they are my photos after all! Isn't that suppose to be the beauty of art? We are all unique with unique thoughts, unique personalities and that right there makes our photos unique I think or maybe I'm wrong lol.

I'm sure someone will be along to tell you you're wrong soon ;)

Oh I'm sure. Not there isn't anything wrong with making your photos be technically perfect, but I don't think it's wrong to edit photos how YOU want and not how someone else wants. I could easily make multiple edits of this photo with all sorts of processing techniques..but this is what I had in mind when I shot it. So I'm calling it a success for me and I believe that is all what matters at the end of the day.

Well that is why I had the 'imo' in there lol. It's a good shot but a little ott for my taste. The most important thing is that you like your version. You've been nailing it recently, and have really upped your game imo.

Most reactions

Back