Having a DSLR is like having a pickup truck!

JacaRanda

Hobbyist Birdographer
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well well well, guess who was asked to shoot a wedding? No not me silly, but my Wifey! Okay, in a round about way I was asked too (jacaranda = Jack & Rhonda) joined at the hip usually.

The first answer was 'Heck no, TPF would hammer me.' Her response was 'But you take nice bird pictures'. SUCKER

I've written it before that I have broken most of TPF written and unwritten rules. So here we go again.

Are you Ready to be a Wedding Photographer?

sucker

at least you take nice bird pics :)

Took me a second but now I totally get it. A big motivator for me to get my first car was honestly being tired of being asked to help people move. Sure random lady at my company that needs help moving this weekend, had nothing better to do.

Oh of course, yes, I own a camera and would be super interested in attending you 5 year olds birthday party

Well well well, guess who was asked to shoot a wedding? No not me silly, but my Wifey! Okay, in a round about way I was asked too (jacaranda = Jack & Rhonda) joined at the hip usually.

The first answer was 'Heck no, TPF would hammer me.' Her response was 'But you take nice bird pictures'. SUCKER

I've written it before that I have broken most of TPF written and unwritten rules. So here we go again.

Wow.. I mean what can one say other than..

SUCKER

Lol

Nah, seriously though - just relax and have fun with it. And whenever possible, photobomb the wifey so she doesn't show you up.. lol

Wow.. I mean what can one say other than..

SUCKER

Lol

Nah, seriously though - just relax and have fun with it. And whenever possible, photobomb the wifey so she doesn't show you up.. lol

:biglaugh::lmao:

It really won't be stressful. Other than trying to remember to bring sd cards and batteries etc.

We meet this Saturday to discuss how I am not really concerned about her and the grooms expectations! This is about me trying to live a stress free life with a camera. Damn a watermark, and damn trying to sell anything :).

Thanks for asking us to shoot your wedding. I'm happy to be invited as a guest with a fatter camera than most of your other guests.

Just keep in mind, there are similarities between bird photographin' and weddin' photographin'!!! Boquet toss??? A lot like photographing a pheasant rising on the flush...the bird goes up, err... the boquet goes up, STOPS at the peak of the rise and that's when you nail it with the modified choke barrel and a load of #6 shot...no, wait, wrong event. Well, just think boquet toss=upland bird flush. Garter toss= quail covey taking flight. Best man's toast =buzzards circling then landing and ripping in to an old, dead possum by the side of Hwy 101. Wedding ceremony itself = waiting for the morning fly-out at ANY of the big wildlife refuges in North America...lot of nuthin, nuthin, nuthin, then BOOM! EVERYBODY's snapping shots as they make their fly-out from the altar.

You got this,Jack. Doves fly faster and are more darty than even the skinniest, most Redbull-hyped-up bridesmaid. Hung-over post bachelor party groomsmen are slow, and deliberate, and walk with a gait as slow or slower than a great blue heron's wing beats after taking flight after just having eaten a nice chub or half a garter snake.

Good thing you own a pickup truck.
You can throw your dead cold body in the back after the shoot. :lmao:

Just keep in mind, there are similarities between bird photographin' and weddin' photographin'!!! Boquet toss??? A lot like photographing a pheasant rising on the flush...the bird goes up, err... the boquet goes up, STOPS at the peak of the rise and that's when you nail it with the modified choke barrel and a load of #6 shot...no, wait, wrong event. Well, just think boquet toss=upland bird flush. Garter toss= quail covey taking flight. Best man's toast =buzzards circling then landing and ripping in to an old, dead possum by the side of Hwy 101. Wedding ceremony itself = waiting for the morning fly-out at ANY of the big wildlife refuges in North America...lot of nuthin, nuthin, nuthin, then BOOM! EVERYBODY's snapping shots as they make their fly-out from the altar.

You got this,Jack. Doves fly faster and are more darty than even the skinniest, most Redbull-hyped-up bridesmaid. Hung-over post bachelor party groomsmen are slow, and deliberate, and walk with a gait as slow or slower than a great blue heron's wing beats after taking flight after just having eaten a nice chub or half a garter snake.

;) And if all else fails, IT'S WIFEY'S FAULT. I am just the second shooter. :idea:

;) And if all else fails, IT'S WIFEY'S FAULT. I am just the second shooter. :idea:
watch it dude! Don't you ever blame your wifey! or :gun:

(you'll do good I'm sure ;))

(you'll do good I'm sure ;))

Teehee :) Lucky for you that gun is artistic, otherwise you'd be in violation of forum rules and deserve a :spank:

that's right Jack!!!!! Don't blame me,,,technically it is your fault - since you have known the bride to be for years and worked with her. I only met her through you, so technically your fault! lol

Well, I think Derrel's advice is spot on, except that birds don't do their thing in dark cavernous places, and the action is happening twenty feet away, not 400 ft. And if you guys are even one-tenth as good as I think you are, you'll do fine. Of course, we want to see the pics. Most of them. AND we want to know who shot what, just so we know who to praise and who to kid.

that's right Jack!!!!! Don't blame me,,,technically it is your fault - since you have known the bride to be for years and worked with her. I only met her through you, so technically your fault! lol

you can throw his dead cold body in the back of his pickup truck then :)
save him the trouble !!

Jacaranda_wifey said:

Ok, so easy enough here. Since he's such good friends with the bride, go out and get one of those fake parrot props and have her wear it for the wedding. He can aim at that without too much difficulty I think.

And as an added bonus, you can keep saying "Ok, now don't watch the birdie" as you shoot so that nobody else notices.

Lol

Most reactions

Back