HDR of the chapel

Great images, I love HDR, but boy do you need some memory to run the processing quickly.

I love the skies, which are always hard to avoid blurring with HDR, and I'd be interested to know how you managed it - no wind, post-processing? If I do HDR outside, and there's any sort of sky other than gin clear or completely clouded over, I tend to use the sky from only one of the images, and add it on a layer so that I can post-process it separately.

As already stated above, there are loads of tutorials for HDR out there on the web, but one of the very best (IMO) if you are using PS CS2, is this one - click here. It's worth checking out all the tutorials on this site as they cover a wide range of subjects with stuff for beginners and experts alike. I would also strongly recommend viewing the gallery if you've not seen this site before. If you want to see what can be achieved using HDR and long exposures then Sean McHugh's work is way up there at the top.

David

no post processing on the sky..this came out as is, i guess I got lucky (although, the shots were very quick, as I did them with on camera bracketing)! I do not really care as much for CS2's HDR as much as I do Photomatix, but I am sure everyone has their preference.

I searched on the net to learn more about HDR photos.
HDR takes detail from an overexposed picture and from an underexposed and it will combine them together. Maybe this picture will explane better.
HDRIDiagram.jpg

Where can I find a free HDR software? I found only paid versions

just blend all the images as layers in cs if you don't have sc2

newrmdmike said:
just blend all the images as layers in cs if you don't have sc2

This isnt the same as HDR.

There have been several HDR threads iv written on.... theres one of the recent ones here

oh, and good pics mommy ;)

Yes I have photoshop CS2 but I couldn't find how to do it exactly. I tried the trial version of photomatix and I worked.

archangel . . . one of my professors was a commercial photographer for foley's, they shot all digital scan backs, and increased dynamic range in cs, and earlier. just because cs2 has a built in feature for it, doesn't mean blending them yourself isn't making it hdr, in fact anything that increases the tonal range with multiple exposures could be considered hdr. just because its not 32-bits doesn't mean you havn't increased the visible tonality. the idea is that you can see more information, more like an eye rather than camera. making it hdr . . . correct?

Increasing the dynamic range using a zone system could be (and has been) considered as HDR, i agree with that.... but the effect is quite different to that of the new merging software as it can be quite impossible to create a high dynamic range where there's lots of detail.
There is a recent example by Remi that demonstrates this here

The term HDR is nothing new in the photography world...... but what the 'merge to HDR' command in PS and programmes like photomatix can do, is. ;)

love the first... cool processing! tfs :)

Whether or not the process is the same using layers and luminosity masks in Photoshop CS will yield very comparable results to CS2s "merge to HDR" once you do some tweaking and pointing back parts, the key is to change the opacity of your brushes as well as the softness. It will take a little work to get the final image but is is definatly possible to do this in Photoshop CS

Most reactions

Back