HDR

Dryfly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, may I ask what this really means? Can it be done with some one walking to create motion? Thanks.

HDR is high dynamic range and accomplished by combined three or more shots of the exact same thing exposed differently.

D-50, Is it photo shop that process the HDR? How many photos can be used please?

D-50, Is it photo shop that process the HDR? How many photos can be used please?

You can use as many as you like, experience and practice tends to dictate how to do this. I find from 3 to 5 exposures enough. Bracketing a stop between the "correct" exposure each way.

Google photomatix as an alternative to photoshop. HRD is dead easy once you figure it out, but you do need good PP skills to make the best of it.

I only ever create HDR images from one RAW file as I can't be bothered with tri-pods and stuff. :D

Bandit that's a tone mapped image you create. By definition it can't be high dynamic range if you only use the one Raw exposure ;)

I just looked this up myself and found the following tutorial. Looks like it will be helpful, I won't find out until I get my DSLR though. This guy's pictures are pretty impressive, although they tend to be surreal enough that there's no doubt they've been digitally enhanced. He mentions using a single RAW file too, although he doesn't go into detail about how the software does whatever it does.

http://stuckincustoms.com/2006/06/06/548/

Bandit that's a tone mapped image you create. By definition it can't be high dynamic range if you only use the one Raw exposure ;)

I know, but the result is similar :)

Thanks Bandit, Garbz and Suzumushi that link is brilliant, thanks!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back