Help ID this lens

Shutter_to_think

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this Vivitar lens?
I do not know anything about it. I need to know what kind of camera this fits or what it is compatible with. A google search didn't turn up this exact lens.
It's 135mm f/2.8
Thanks, Tom

lens1.jpg

lens2.jpg

lens3.jpg

lens2.jpg

Looks suspiciously like a Minolta mount to me ...

I think I see "MC" ... the Minolta MC mount (if that is what this is) is quite old (they were in the MD series already when I bought my XD-11 in 1978).

Yes it says MC. Is that what it stands for, "Minolta Mount"?

Thanks for the link, but this lens is not on there.
It has been kicking around for many years I imagine.
This thing could be 30 years old for all I know.
I sure would like to know what camera it fits so I can unload it to a good home.
Tom

Thanks for the link, but this lens is not on there.
It has been kicking around for many years I imagine.
This thing could be 30 years old for all I know.
I sure would like to know what camera it fits so I can unload it to a good home.
Tom

Hmmm ... the more I look at it, the less the mount looks like Minolta ... my lenses aren't here for me to look at. I've seen references to two Vivitar 135/2.8's. One is a close focus, but that has a 67mm filter.

I think that's incorrect. In my over a quarter of a century selling and servicing photo equipment, I've never seen a Vivitar or any other 3rd party lens that marked the lens mount on the front of the lens. When mounts were marked they were marked on the mount itself. The "MC" on the front ring probably stands for "Multi-Coating".

The mount looks like a Minolta MD mount. It has the right flange appearance (knotch in one lip of the flange) and classic round auto-diaphram lever indicative of the Minolta mount. The f/stop ring has two tabs, an indicator of the MD coupling, rather than the single tab present on MC lenses.

Most reactions

Back