HELP! SDHC Card. My Nikon Camera says: Card is not Formatted. Format the Card. The card has pictures

Awanderer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
HELP! I put card back in camera to hook up the entire camera to computer and the camera said "card not formatted - format card?" I DID NOT format the card. The pictures are or were there. I was able to view the pictures with my camera just a few days ago. I don't know what happened.

I hooked it to my pc via a card reader and it says E:\ is not accessible.

I am a photographer. I've never had this problem. I absolutely can not loose these pictures. I am desperate and need the pics today.

Please help!

download Recuva from the internet and use that to recover the photos

You could use a USB cable from the camera to the computer to transfer the files.

or try using another camera to read the card too and use a USB cable to transfer the files

AFTER you get the images off the card, you need to start formatting the card IN-CAMERA every couple time of use, minimum.

I was planning to connect a USB so that I could transfer but after I put my card into my camera, it said that about formatting.

I will start formatting but I desperately need to get the images off the card. I am scared to hit format.

Don't run a format until you have recovered the images. If you can't get it done, take the SD card to a local photo printer who should have what it takes to recover the files.

THEN you can format it.

I've been using these cards for years and never had a problem. I'll start formatting after I get the pictures off of it.
So there's no way I can recover the images besides taking it to a photo shop?

I've been using these cards for years and never had a problem. I'll start formatting after I get the pictures off of it.
So there's no way I can recover the images besides taking it to a photo shop?
You can do it with some file recovery software. You can download either a free one or a trial version of a pay one.

search for "RECUVA" file recovery software

I'm on the Recuva website now and can download it. Question....Recuva says it recovers deleted files. If my pics are deleted from the memory card, will this still help?

I agree, best option is one of the file recovery programs. Do not do anything with the card until you have the program scan the card.
I paid about $40 for one of these programs years ago, well worth it, but if the above is free it would be worth a try.

I'm on the Recuva website now and can download it. Question....Recuva says it recovers deleted files. If my pics are deleted from the memory card, will this still help?
Yes it will recover the files .. or it's your best chance to get them recovered

==> Recuva 1.52.1086

this page says to go to the above website to download the free version
OR buy the full version
Recuva - Download

Ok, I've downloaded the Recuva. Do I need to put the SDHC card back into my computer?

Attachments

• Recuva.png
    Recuva.png
    186 KB · Views: 170
yes you need to recover it from your computer.
So SD card into your computers SD card slot.

Ok, so I put my card back into my computer and hit recover and this is what message popped up:

Attachments

• recuva2.png
    recuva2.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 167

Most reactions

Back