Help with Minolta Maximum 400si

torrinworX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there, Im new here and I have been having some trouble. I was recently given a old film camera,"Minolta MAXXUM 400is" is written on it, I got a new battery for it (there was in film in the camera) I put the battery in and turned it on and it started making a clicking sound, it started to smell like burning plastic almost and than white smoke started to come from the film compartment. Ever since than it just says "HELP" on the little screen and dose nothing. I have done some research on the help message but I keep getting mixed results. I don't know if I did something wrong with the camera or did not put the battery in correctly, but the thing dose not work at all and is now just collecting dust.

If any one knows what to do please help!

All the best. Torrin

The battery only goes in one way to power it.
Based on the clicking sound and burning, it sounds like one of the gears jammed and a motor burnt out.
Not worth repairing ... it's toast.

Thats to bad, really wish I could've taken some photos with it. thank you for your help!

It would be fairly cheap to get a Minolta Maxxum camera ... the lens you have may be worth more (or even the new battery).

Do you know where I could buy the camera body? I have three rolls of film and I wanted to learn how to operate one of these film cameras. (the battery cost a lot for a battery)
If you know where that I could find the body that would be great!

Do you know where I could buy the camera body? I have three rolls of film and I wanted to learn how to operate one of these film cameras. (the battery cost a lot for a battery)
If you know where that I could find the body that would be great!
I can send you a 3Xi if you want it. It is good working order. The view finder is a little dusty or dim but doesn't affect image quality. Send me a pm if your interested. It has a fresh roll of film in it, new battery, body cap, and original strap. It is very clean. No charge. The wife picked me up a minti Maxxum 9 so I have no use for it. Your lenses will work on it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back