Here's to all the Newbies:

Beth81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I see that there are a lot of new people to the forum and trust me I know we all have tons of questions....LOL

I appreciate everyones help for having patience with us.

I do have a few recommendations myself:

I bought the books: Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and The Photography Bible A Complete Guide for the 21st Century by Daniel Lezano.

These are great books. Understanding Exposure was recommended to me by several different people and The Photography Bible i just ran across. These are great to ready and easy to understand. Great knowledge for beginners and it's great refreshers for the oldies.

I agree. Understanding Exposure is great! I'll have to look up the Bible. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I see that there are a lot of new people to the forum and trust me I know we all have tons of questions....LOL

I appreciate everyones help for having patience with us.

I do have a few recommendations myself:

I bought the books: Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson and The Photography Bible A Complete Guide for the 21st Century by Daniel Lezano.

These are great books. Understanding Exposure was recommended to me by several different people and The Photography Bible i just ran across. These are great to ready and easy to understand. Great knowledge for beginners and it's great refreshers for the oldies.

Thank you for the tip. Do you know if thoes books are available at Chapters?

~Nikki~

I'm not sure about Chapters...I've never heard of it...They are available at Barnes and Noble and Books a Million though. You may can even go to the local library; maybe they have them to check out.

Yes, every new photographer should read "Understanding Exposure". I haven't seen "The Photography Bible" before so really can't say anything about it.

Here are a few more book recommendations...

The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos by Michael Freeman

The Moment It Clicks: Photography secrets from one of the world's top shooters by Joe McNally

Photography and the Art of Seeing: A Visual Perception Workshop for Film and Digital Photography by Freeman Patterson

The Betterphoto Guide to Digital Photography by Jim Miotke

The Digital Photography Book Volumes 1, 2 & 3 by Scott Kelby

I don't know if anyone is familiar with John Freemans' work but I love his pictures.

Yes, both of these books are available at Chapters. I bought Understanding Exposure there just a few days after Christmas and the girl had to go to the back room and bring out a few more copies of Understanding Exposure. She said it always sells allot of copies at Christmas time.

Most reactions

Back