Hey, I need some help with picking a camera

BandPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alright here is my story. I have been taking pictures forever of my friends and bands all around and they love them but obviously the quality isn't that great and I really want to improve the image and the colors and everything so I am looking for a camera in the 100-300 price range to take pictures with.

The type of image I want it to look like is here for an example:
http://www.underoath777.com/photos/2004_Jun16_Birmingham_AL@Zydeco_byRyanRussell/underoath19.jpg

It is not the best example but it shows the type. As you can see it catches the movement along with the colors in such a great detail and extremely vibrant. These are the type of things I wish to get out of my camera but also be able to take good regular pictures along with these action shows.

I would really liked to know too if it would be better to have a digital or film camera? Thank you so much everyone :)

Hi and welcome to the forums.

its really not a matter of what we think you should get as far as film or digital goes..its a matter of what you want. film is pretty when exposed correctly and developed correctly...digital is fun because of the instant gratification.

in order to get shots like that , you could use either film or digi.

also, if you are sticking to that price range you listed...youll be severely limited if you are looking at digital.

Id Suggest digital....you "May" be able to pick up a used 300D for that price tag.
With a shot like youve put here, its more of an experimental one, which I feel is what digitals about...

Good luck, ill have a look on ebay for yah...

Artemis said:
you "May" be able to pick up a used 300D for that price tag.

never going to happen unless its been dropped twice and dunked in gasoline first...

Digital is great if you need instant images. As far as any other advantages over film, there are none. Film is much more cost effective to get started with, but that's where it ends. Your options with film as far as being versatile are almost endless without having to spend alot of time in front of a computer with photo editing software. However, with that great latitude comes film cost, processing cost and lab time unless you only ever use one hour labs. I know this may give you more questions then answers, but I hope it helps.......Good luck!

Most reactions

Back