Hi,i I hope Ive been improving....I've been trying very hard. c&c please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thankyou all sooo much! It has helped heaps.
I took some more photos today, Once ive uploaded them to my albums I will post them here, I hope they make you feel like Ive taken what you have said on board (They are of my friend's baby :)

Hi there.
These are my most recent photos, they were taken midday today.
I hope these have more quality to them!
I really like them, So I hope you do. But please don't be shy to point out flaws that my eyes have passed :)
Thanks heaps for c&c. I sure hope someone is online to comment.
Even if you can't be bothered writing up a whole explanation like or dislike will do.
smaller_8.jpg

smaller2.jpg

smaller3.jpg

smaller_5.jpg

smaller_7.jpg

p.s The photos were more defined but I took them at A3 size and they didn't like being downsized to put on here......

still cutting off parts of body...(toes)

oh oops! I thought you all meant like focused parts are not meant to be cut off, I thought I could get away with toes....
My camera doesn't have a wide lens so when i try to get things like toes in i have to put it on an angle or go further back (taking definition away)
But I will look up some ideas of how to get around that....Maybe I'll put it on macro and step back....
:) thanks

Does anyone have anymore critiques please?

I'll jump in since these are much better than all of your previous posts...

In most of them, the focus seems to be much better on the baby's eyes... That's a plus. White balance is better..

Also, if you can't get the toes in to the frame and need to chop them, then you need to crop... Crop in the middle of the legs, mid thigh, mid arm, etc... Don't ever crop at a joint and as said several times before, don't chop fingers and toes off...

It looks like you still took these with the old camera which if I recall, you said you can't manually change the settings on... The shutter speed is still too slow on them (look at the toy in #2) and is causing motion blur... Any kind of blur *generally* is not a desirable effect in photos... Yes, you want the background to be blurry so it doesn't distract and then when you are taking pictures of someone running and you want them in focus but not the background, the background will be blurred... Those are desirable... But having part of the subject of your photograph blurred is not something you want to do.

Thank you for not attacking these with selective coloring. Here's a personal "challenge" for you...

Put a photo from your first thread that you posted here next to photo #4 from this thread and look at the difference...

Then take photo #4 from this thread and google images of "professional toddler photography". Put your photo #4 from this thread next to one of them and look at yours and critique it.

That should also be very helpful to you :)

welcome back.
already i see improvement.
sarah offers great critique and a good challenge for you.

please also note that the brand of camera you referred 2 twice in previous threads is a Nikon, not a Dikon.

what kind of camera did you order?

1& 4 are the same picture but changed to color or B&W right? I like #2 the most, not sure why I just enjoy it.

In the close-ups, you've chopped the top of the head & hair off. Just slightly, but enough to really bother me.

#1/#4 has too much toy. While bright and interesting to the subject, it takes up too much of the photo. Give the child just one part of it, and use the rest in your hand to get his/her attention.

You're spot-on with white balance now. If you're shooting with set lighting, be sure to remember your settings. If you're shooting with natural lighting, you'll need to stay in practice setting the correct balance.

The close-up has great lighting and a wonderful expression. The catchlight makes me think you're shooting with a box diffuser. The hair needs to be straightened up. It's easier to pay attention to details like that during the shoot and just fix it before the shutter clicks than try to do it PP.

I was convinced this was window light!?!

This better?

From This:
P3150014.JPG

To This:
p3150014edited.jpg

I was convinced this was window light!?!

yes it was, and when i said dikon it was a typo, but my thread closed before i could explain......
my room is set up so that the light (natural) hits just as I want it to.
Thank you all for critique, hopefully I can step it up another notch.....
I'm exceptionally glad you have all seen improvement! It means Im heading in the right directon....
Will post more later today...

also, is there a simpler way to upload photos?

thankyou very much! will do!
I'll jump in since these are much better than all of your previous posts...

In most of them, the focus seems to be much better on the baby's eyes... That's a plus. White balance is better..

Also, if you can't get the toes in to the frame and need to chop them, then you need to crop... Crop in the middle of the legs, mid thigh, mid arm, etc... Don't ever crop at a joint and as said several times before, don't chop fingers and toes off...

It looks like you still took these with the old camera which if I recall, you said you can't manually change the settings on... The shutter speed is still too slow on them (look at the toy in #2) and is causing motion blur... Any kind of blur *generally* is not a desirable effect in photos... Yes, you want the background to be blurry so it doesn't distract and then when you are taking pictures of someone running and you want them in focus but not the background, the background will be blurred... Those are desirable... But having part of the subject of your photograph blurred is not something you want to do.

Thank you for not attacking these with selective coloring. Here's a personal "challenge" for you...

Put a photo from your first thread that you posted here next to photo #4 from this thread and look at the difference...

Then take photo #4 from this thread and google images of "professional toddler photography". Put your photo #4 from this thread next to one of them and look at yours and critique it.

That should also be very helpful to you :)

In the close-ups, you've chopped the top of the head & hair off. Just slightly, but enough to really bother me.

#1/#4 has too much toy. While bright and interesting to the subject, it takes up too much of the photo. Give the child just one part of it, and use the rest in your hand to get his/her attention.

You're spot-on with white balance now. If you're shooting with set lighting, be sure to remember your settings. If you're shooting with natural lighting, you'll need to stay in practice setting the correct balance.

The close-up has great lighting and a wonderful expression. The catchlight makes me think you're shooting with a box diffuser. The hair needs to be straightened up. It's easier to pay attention to details like that during the shoot and just fix it before the shutter clicks than try to do it PP.

ok thankyou very much!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back