Hi. My name is Joe and......

hankejp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to become a photographaholic. Winter is soon going to be sitting on top of me and that usually meant 6-7-8 months of living like a hermit in my house. Well I want to change that with an enjoyable hobby. I was tihnking about all kinds of hobbies and the one I kept going back to was photography. So, if the stars are all lined up on Friday, I am planning on buying a D40. I've read so many good posts on the D40 and not a whole lot of bad things. Plus my budget will be approx $500, I figure the D40 would be the perfect camera for a beginner. I have been reading on basic photography and am pretty excited to get started. I tihnk I want to focus mainly on Nature and Sports pictures.

Just wanted to say hi and hopefully I'll have something for everyone to critique me on by Saturday. I swear it won't be of my big toe. :D

Hey Joe (to paraphrase an old song by Jimmi Hendrix), welcome aboard.

Thanks everyone. I am soooo excited. I just came home with my new Nikon D40. I'm busy reading the manual....yeah I know, reading the manual???? I just don't want to break anything the 1st 15 minutes of having it. The battery is charging and the lens is clicked into place. I also got a 4gb memory card and a nice carrying bag.

I can't wait.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back