Hi, new here. C&C needed

desdewd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi I just got back into photography as a hobby after a class on it I took while studying abroad. I'm really starting to get into it and was hoping to get some feedback on my style and techniques and where I can add some conceptual depth. Especially welcome are technical advice and areas where I can improve the craft side of my work. I like to focus on nighttime cityscapes and the people in them. I love playing with lights (maybe a little too much). Anyways here are some photos that I think best represent my style and interests. Thanks and advance for the critique. And obviosusly new to the site so if theres any etiquette I messed up, profound apologies. Oh, and the photos are from Netherlands btw.

$8226004394_fcf6f4c2d1_m.jpg

$8226005048_4ba3cbb140_b.jpg

$8226038540_43504f1364_b.jpg

$8224946985_325c804a0e_m.jpg

Well desdewd, welcome to the forum. First impressions: the first two photos are out of focus - need I say more, and the last two are simple snap shots and do absolutely nothing for me. Also, I would suggest that you might want to number your images when you post them. This makes it a lot easier for a reviewer to refer to them - they don't have to keep flipping back and forth to make sure that they are commenting on the right one.

If you are just starting out, you probably should do a bit of reading on things like composition and exposure. I would refer you to Bryan Peterson's books, specifically his one on "Seeing Creatively" - Amazon.com: Learning to See Creatively: Design, Color & Composition in Photography (Updated Edition) (9780817441814): Bryan Peterson: Books and his one on " Understanding Exposure" - Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera (9780817439392): Bryan Peterson: Books. There are also a number of sites around that deal with composition. One of the better places to start that I would recommend is Ron Bigelow's site - http://ronbigelow.com/articles/adv_comp/adv_comp.html This is the first of three sites on composition - the links to the second and third sites can be found at the end of the first and second sites respectively. A source of references can be found here - Photography Composition Articles Library . These will give you some places to start. You can find more on composition by simply searching for "photography composition" and/or "photography composition techniques" and othe combinations used with words like "tips", "rules", etc. Hope this helps.

WesternGuy

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back