Hi There!

Booshka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, i'm completely new to digital photography and photography in general. Today i received my first camera, a Fuji s5600, so i decided to have a play with the macro function and wanted to throw up my first pic to the masses to get feedback on it as i wish to learn more. All its had done to it in Elements is the frame and the text.

Macro1.JPG

its a nice macro, i like the DOF - how the bowl is out of focus all the way around, but what's in the bowl is in focus, i'm not really sure what i'm looking at, but nice shot! :thumbup:

Great shot. I have to agree with the above. THe DOF is great. Welcome to the forum BTW

Cheers, Its a bowl full of pot pourri I set the camera up on a mini tripod and did a manual focus and it turned out like that, hopefully before long ill understand it all properly, but at the moment ill play and see what comes out. Also thank you for the welcome.

Booshka said:
Cheers, Its a bowl full of pot pourri I set the camera up on a mini tripod and did a manual focus and it turned out like that, hopefully before long ill understand it all properly, but at the moment ill play and see what comes out. Also thank you for the welcome.

LOL - I actually thought it was a bowl of sandpaper! Now you say it, I can see it!

Rob

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, booshka, and your first pic does not look as if you were all that new to photography. It looks like you have an idea of what you are doing. That is good. Proves that you have got "the eye". Always helpful in the field of visual arts ;)!

Post more.

I like the overall balance of the picture the most. The rest is already said by everyone. Very nice. If this is your first experiment..I'm looking forward to what your "eye" sees and captures in the future!

Wow, I wish my first macro shot was like that. You can't be that new to photography. Like said before: excellent depth of field and I really like the colour balance. The only suggestion for next time would be to bring out our subject (the thing your taking a picture of). Because this shot is busy (which is completely OK) the subject tends to get lost in the background.

But that's a perfect shot, you have a natural eye for photography! I'd like to see more from you!

Cheers all, i'm completely new to photography, i have done a lot of drawing in the past, mainly just pencil drawing, i suppose that may give you an eye for a picture. Been playing some more with the camera, took a load of duff pictures whilst i play with the settings. Set up something to photo and took a different photo after altering the aperture, shutter speed and iso to see what difference they make. I can see me in the future seeing a nice scene outside and taking aboutt 30 pics of that 1 scene with a boatful of difference settings and seeing which comes out best till i completely sure of each bits effect on a picture. Thanks again for the welcome. Can't wait to get out and have fun with it.

dont ya hate to throw up to the masses??? always so messy, and leaves a rough first impression....( just kidding..)

really cool shot, very detailed....welcome to tpf...

Most reactions

Back