Hide and Seek

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been trying to get a shot of this guy for a few days. When I pull up in my car he is just sitting there in the sun on the grass. When I get out my camera he heads for the trees and hides. This was the best angle I could get - will keep trying.

Hide and Seek by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Nice shot! I like how his eye is peeking from between the branches. Question: why ISO 900? With your crop sensor, your noise is more visible. I feel like 1/200 was a fast enough shutter that maybe you could bring our ISO down a bit and still get a quick shot, or was the subject moving around a lot?

I had it on f8/ss 1/200 and auto ISO which I've found works best for me when shooting wildlife (something I've only just started trying). Sometimes with the 70-300 it's more me being wobbly than the subject moving a lot so I have to keep the ss up - the OS really locks in the focus but I don't have the best handheld technique. I don't think this is particularly noisy but I'd rather noisy than a missed shot.

I had it on f8/ss 1/200 and auto ISO which I've found works best for me when shooting wildlife (something I've only just started trying). Sometimes with the 70-300 it's more me being wobbly than the subject moving a lot so I have to keep the ss up - the OS really locks in the focus but I don't have the best handheld technique. I don't think this is particularly noisy but I'd rather noisy than a missed shot.

Ah, that makes sense, especially at 300m. Thanks for the insight!

Nice shot! I like how his eye is peeking from between the branches. Question: why ISO 900? With your crop sensor, your noise is more visible. I feel like 1/200 was a fast enough shutter that maybe you could bring our ISO down a bit and still get a quick shot, or was the subject moving around a lot?

With Topaz DeNoise
Hide and Seek-2 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Lovely shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back