High in the Arctic !! Eskimo....

Excellent. Thanks for sharing!
This is documentary evidence, I had never heard before of the village Point Hope. The name is beatiful and the story very intriguing. Hard to imagine continual habitation of a town dating 3000 years ago.... amazing, even more these days.
Great job with the photos!

Im speachless, your stories and i love your photos, tell everyone over there i said hello :)

Definatly keep the photos comming this is great thread!

Palgie.

Thank you all so very very much for your thougtful kind comments about my images and text.

I am going to share with you. some incredible tales of truth. I am going to tell you things that you will simply not believe!

I know from experience how people react with some of the stories that are yet to be told here.

and no doubt some of you will react in the same manner.

so for this commercial I am going to provide some links.

Walkiin Freezer No electricity needed http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75902

Children chasing a bowhead whale http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75723

Jesus drove a snowmobile http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76301

Please go to the BOTTOM of the snomobile thread the explanation at the bottom is much easier to understand.

I wlll be back soon.. for the SECOND QUARTER..

TILL THEN.. thank you all so very very much for showing intrest in this tread.. YOU WILL JUST NOT BELIEVE what happens.. here in the arctic!

PullSled.jpg

The wind.. has changed.. Lets go back out to the Ocean Ice.. whales are coming.. Hop on.. you are nice and warm.. good!!.. We are headed back out.. 3-4 miles out.. to the lead opening. this trip will take 3 - 4 hours.
I was truelly CONVINCED that when we arrived at the camp, that all my lenses would be "shattered" the crashing of the sled. When it reaches the high point of a small hill, we would have to go over, it was exactly like being dropped from 4 or 5 foot in height sometimes. I was so relieved that when I finally opened the case . everything was ok.!

Some very interesting images here! :)
Too many though to comment individually .. ;)

Reardign your webpage I wonder why you exclude netscape and firefox ... that is not the best of all ideas. I know it is a pain sometimes to construct pages that work more or less on all browsers, but it certainly is worth the effort :)

Imagine choping a trail with pick and axe for ten miles to move equiment and boats out on to the oecan ice.

Imagine sleeping outside for two months @ 50 below zero.. just to eat!

Lets go visit some of the camps out here and see how live is lived

Ray.jpg

The image at midnight won the Alaska press award in 1989

it is always a constant NORTH wind that is "bitter". Thus the wall! to block the wind.

Rex is far left his Dad is far right! PRESIDENT OF ALASKA WHALING COMMISSON

rex.jpg
rex rock RGB.jpg

sunset.JPG
sunset2.JPG

Wow. All this is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing this.

-Will

Oktollik's camp.Molly Oktollik and her busy helpers! There is just so much hard work to be done each day by these women! They also at times paddle in the umiaq if a crew is shorthanded. The tents are for the women only. this is where they sleep nice and warm. The hunters sleep outside at the lead opening.

TENTGREETING.JPG

Same tent. same type home made wood stove. Grub box in one side and a sled with caribou skins for the women to sit on in the tent. Every tent is the exact same set up inside!

it is also very easy to burn a tent down if you get that stove too hot.

Kenny Attanguana is asking the women.. "we need more coffee"!

TENT.JPG

You have wood burning stoves.....but where does the wood to burn come from and where do you store it????

Outstanding shots and narration. Thanks.

Paul

FOR DAYS.. for weeks.. we wait.. patiently.. we have to be out here BEFORE the animals start migrating! Before that lead opens.. I still am totally mystified as to how they know ..WHERE that ice is going to break! for the lead to open!

WHERE_02.JPG

An umiaq (skin boat) has six ugruk's (bearded seal skins) to cover the boat. The six skins are sewen

together with a water tight stitch using "dental floss"!

Most reactions

Back