whales!!.. sssshhhh!! hide... ! QUIET~~~ SSSHH~!
EVERYTING CHANGES SUDDENLY.. sssshhhh!!
The color red is not allowed down at / near the lead opening. the tents are a 1/2 - 3/4 mile back from the lead.
hush ... skinboats (umiaq's)Quietly slip into the water, NO ONE IS TALKING NOW.. this is the GRAND FINALE...!!
we have been WAITING FOR SIX WEEKS!!
LIGHT COLORS ONLY sky blue, white ..
it is 2 a. m. here we go.. sssshhhhh.. all you can hear is the wind.
the adrenallin is pumping.. the excitement is building.. everyone is holding their breath.
STOP RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW! WE ARE SCARED !!!
of failure!........! This is not. like the old days. due to restrictions placed on us by the International Whaling commisson.. we only can TRY..
3 times! This is now a baseball game! 3 strikes and your OUT!
GO HOME! you can't eat your food!.. and we have to obey!
last year.. no whales.. we struck out!
Japan is curretnly harvesting 1000 whales.. for scientific purposes !
bullshat! they refuse to obey! and we can't eat. now.we have to pay
60 bucks for a tiny frozen turkey.. TURKEY CAN'T KEEP US WARM
WE NEED MAKTAK (MUCK TUCK) A = aH .... 'blubber'
3 whales is no way enough to feed this entire village for a year.
we now are limited to "snacks" of our food which we need to survive.
FLOYD Oktollik.. just couldn't resist.. ! atta boy floyd! -=click=-
see how calm. the water is there. close to the ice.. ? Just after they left.
I walked over to that edge, and stood there, looking all around all over the place. I am totally ALONE!... I mean.. alone.. hey! this is pretty cool.
So I walked a wee bit closer to that edge. where the umiaq went into the water.. I walked right up to that edge.. and stuck the TIPS OF MY BOOTS just over the edge by about 2 - 3 "... the water was like glass.
it is very calm.. no noise ... no WARNING!.. camera is around my neck hanging, and I got my hands behind my back.THAT GLASS LIKE mirror reflection never moved one bit. not even the slighest ripple. that whale just came up with no noisie.. no water movement.it just appeared.
A huge whale was right there.. I can see the blow hole about a foot or two from my boot tips and i could have easily stuck my foot into that basket ball size hole and that whale blew!
WHOOOSSSSSHHH! and I got soaking wet. ! oh my gosh what a STINK! and I got this stink all over me. I am running back to the camp.. the tent.
I got water dripping all over on me and it is starting to freeze.. but this STENCH is all over me.. when i reach that tent.. ( I dont know why I didn;t have someone take a pic of me) Well I know why.. them women were rolling on the ground laughing so hard when they saw me !
they knew what happened just by looking at all the ice hanging off me.
DONT COME IN THIS TENT! and they fell back on the ground laughing as hard as they could! THIS IS A TRUE STORY..
i NEVER EVER went near the edge of that ice ever again to this day!
I got a couple of Questons I want to ask the Lord when we finally meet..
1. whose idea was that Lord ? yours? or that whale?
2.. who laughed the hardest Lord.. you? or that whale !
Akauq is cutting Tuttu with an Ulu.. that's got a catchy ring to it eh?
Got to start cooking lots and lots of food. when the Hunters get back with a whale or without anything.
Everyone will be very hungry.