Holga, Brownies, Pinhole and any other kind of Lo-Fi

Last Monday because I'm too cheap to buy expensive gear, thought I would try pinhole on the sun. Knew beforehand that even with 80% shadowed that the remainder would be too bright but hoped for at least some neat pinhole sunflare.

Homemade pinhole body cap, Pentax ME super, FP4, 1 sec.

PMEs3-034e1sz.jpg

With this pinhole you stepped into surrealism ! Never seen sun looking like that. I guess that are irregularities in pinhole itself causing this effect.

Wonder if a purchased laser cut pinhole would still make the flaring patterns.

Another picture from my walks around neighbouring industrial areas.
"Container castle 1"
IMG.jpg

Shot with my "trusty" Imperial Reflex on 400TX with help of Cokin 002 orange filter. Developed in X-Ray chemistry and printed on warm paper with the help of same developer (just different ratio of dilution, stronger). No 1 because maybe more pictures of this place coming. Whats unfortunate is all this lettering on containers. It is impossible to not to cut them with the edge of the frame when my main interest is the composition of shapes and textures.

When you think you good, you gonna be alright judging by first look of the wet negative inspected right after fixing. Well developed T-Max may look very promising, very light and with soft flow of densities. You know, you nailed it. Worth a scream of joy, you can already see the print. But behold you poor film shooters, you not done yet, live might have other plans for you. Look ! Look closely !What is this ? What !? This black speck of something on emulsion ! And not one, more, much more ! Everywhere ! What is this ? Dust ? Where from ?
It is not going away, blowing does not help. Nor does wiping. It is there, part of the emulsion, darn transfer from the backing paper.
Look for themselves and join me in my horror.
I present you with "Grande Cheese" :
Grande Cheese.jpg

There is five good images on that roll, all of them sparkled with white spots.
On this one they are least visible:
"To early for ice cream"
To early for icecream.jpg

Well, it is my fault really. Respooling film to 620 spools comes with penalty I guess. This particular roll of TMY was waiting almost two years after respooling. Taken out of original waterproof envelope, touched by my fingers, getting some moisture and then tightly coiled back. Who knows, what it does to it over long period of time. Especially that I didn't kept it in the fridge. Was forgotten, left in camera bag, alone and sad. But it had it's revenge !

Last edited:
When you think you good, you gonna be alright judging by first look of the wet negative inspected right after fixing. Well developed T-Max may look very promising, very light and with soft flow of densities. You know, you nailed it. Worth a scream of joy, you can already see the print. But behold you poor film shooters, you not done yet, live might have other plans for you. Look ! Look closely !What is this ? What !? This black speck of something on emulsion ! And not one, more, much more ! Everywhere ! What is this ? Dust ? Where from ?
It is not going away, blowing does not help. Nor does wiping. It is there, part of the emulsion, darn transfer from the backing paper.
Look for themselves and join me in my horror.
I present you with "Grande Cheese" :
View attachment 146390
There is five good images on that roll, all of them sparkled with white spots.
On this one they are least visible:
"To early for ice cream"
View attachment 146391

Well, it is my fault really. Respooling film to 620 spools comes with penalty I guess. This particular roll of TMY was waiting almost two years after respooling. Taken out of original waterproof envelope, touched by my fingers, getting some moisture and then tightly coiled back. Who knows, what it does to it over long period of time. Especially that I didn't kept it in the fridge. Was forgotten, left in camera bag, alone and sad. But it had it's revenge !
Well, it adds character, good job. [emoji12]

Holga 35, Ektar 100, bizzare but surprisingly sharp compared to some of the others. Strange copy I have (bought it for .50 cents at thrift store), some look double exposed, some more vignette, all over the place but fun. I looked at my notes and I did use the landscape setting on the focus collar for this shot and sunny icon. I have some real bizzare ones from a roll of HP5+ but have to find time to scan them. Most of them are similar sharpness across the frame but not this one, weird, almost like I had a zoom lens wide open...I like Holga's.

00910037E.jpg

It is a truly great shot ! Well composed, very romantic, or dreamy how some people call it. Kudos !

This looks very good.

Holga 135, HP5+. The holga viewfinder is way off, LOL.

1. Wife's new hire relocated. Golfing with us.
39930029-01.jpeg

2. Landscape, hole from hell
39930016-01.jpeg

3. Me, my bud grabbed the camera out of my cart. Steve is always goofing around.
39930009-01.jpeg

#1 has the attention grabbing intensity. :1251:

#1 has the attention grabbing intensity. :1251:

yah, it is a fun camera. I just love the feeling of having something near me when I want to shoot. Holga, golf cart, fun, golf, etc. I love taking pictures. I could care less what camera it is born out of. This is pretty bad in a good way. We showed them a lot of love, I trusts it shows beyond the facebook era. However, it is pretty similar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back