Homeless best friends

Thank you all for your amazing replies, and comments. I appreciate it.
HoboSyke...I understand how you feel. I had the chance to look into his eyes, see his matted hair, or the dirt under his nails. Is eyes spelled defeat.
He might be giving up accomodation for his dog, I dont know. But as I stood there with a thousand dollar camera around my neck, a car 2 blocks away, that I could get into to take me to my nice warm house, to see my dog, I could not just walk away. We have homeless people everywhere in our city , but this one really touched me. There is love between him and his dog and the bond that they share , even under these circumstances. I wish I could have done more.

Thank you sooo much for all your kind words.

HoboSyke said:
Nice shots chiller.
But would everyone be as touched if this homeless person was a heroin addict theif who mugged old ladies and broke into peoples houses to buy drugs?
I dont mean to take anything away from your photos, they are great, but just seeing what poeple thought of my comment..

i understand what your saying, but who needs kindness more than if this guy is a crack head...i mean, its easy to love nice sweet kind people...the trick is to love and show kindness to the ones you have a hrd time loving...that is true kindness...

great job chiller. :hugs:

aprilraven said:
i understand what your saying, but who needs kindness more than if this guy is a crack head...i mean, its easy to love nice sweet kind people...the trick is to love and show kindness to the ones you have a hrd time loving...that is true kindness...

great job chiller. :hugs:
well said aprilraven.

chiller...thanks for sharing your perspective and reasoning behind why you took these shots....makes them all the better. :thumbup:

i keep coming back to this thread. something keeps telling me to look again and again.

the emotion that stirs in me immediately when i view these is overwhelming. i can't effectively put in words what i want to express about your image Carl...im sorry.

i've never bookmarked a thread from this site....i bookmarked this one.

Man: I'd give you the world if I could ... hope you know I love you

Dog: We have each other ... to me, that IS the world

powerful shot(s), Chiller.

Thank you April, Littleman, JonK, JonMikal and anicole, for all your kind words. It really means a lot to me.

I can't really say anything that hasn't been said already. I'll give yet another :thumbup: . Thank you very much fro sharing these.

You have no idea how these photos made me feel.

I think you should print them out and give them to him as a gift.

Great pictures. I'm very warey of a lot of homeless people though. We have a lot here in Birmingham (England) and I can guarantee you that a lot spend their money on drugs (they come into where I work and 'use the toilets'. Let's just say it takes them a long time and they come out looking slightly more distant!).

I also ask the question. If you're struggling for money, why would you make matters worse by having a dog that needs feeding and careing for? It's a well known fact that a lot of these people can earn upwards of £100 a day in big cities. Homelessness in the UK is a concious choice as the government give you enough to live on if you don't have a job. If I was earning £100 a day I certainly wouldn't be on the streets!

D70Mike said:
I'm very warey of a lot of homeless people though. We have a lot here in Birmingham (England) and I can guarantee you that a lot spend their money on drugs (they come into where I work and 'use the toilets'. Let's just say it takes them a long time and they come out looking slightly more distant!)

...and your point is?

HoboSyke said:
But would everyone be as touched if this homeless person was a heroin addict theif who mugged old ladies and broke into peoples houses to buy drugs?
I dont mean to take anything away from your photos, they are great, but just seeing what poeple thought of my comment..

why do you guys harp on this stuff? how do you know he doesn't use the money to help those less fortunate than he is? what these individuals do with the money they receive can be debated till the end of time.......enjoy the photo!

I like the first one best, I think the colour sets the scene more accurately. Great capture and good to see someone taking the time.

Rob

Most reactions

Back