What's new

Homeless best friends

aww well what a wonderful capture... #1 :thumbsup:
wow
 
I wasn't going to comment on this picture (mostly because of all the asides in this thread) BUT I keep coming back to it.

You've really "captured" the emotion in this shot wonderfully :thumbup:

This literally brought tears to my eyes because I was there once ... I was the dirty street kid with nothing in this world that I cared about except my dog. I know what it's like to be there and not know what was going to happen next ...

:hug:: to you for being you! ...

Just an aside I still have my dog 9 years later and have a wonderful family and decent life to boot ... so to the rest of you ... who are you to judge ?
 
Thank you again to everyone for your replies and comments.
D70Mike...Thanks Mike for your comment. I have never judged a book by its cover. I feel that this guy is human with a heart, and I dont know his circumstances. Maybe he is there by his choice, maybe not. But he is still one of us, and I can not kick a man when he is down.
I agree, there are frauds, but there are frauds in our every day life. Your neighbor, your lawyer, even your doctor. Anybody can be, so I can not judge this man the same, just cause he is on the street.
I only wanted to show the love between him and his dog, no matter what the situation was. Thanks again Mike for your reply. I appreciate your view.

Thanks again everyone.
 
Chiller, you are nothing but class, fella. Nothing but class.
 
chiller,

look at it this way.....
for one, your shots evoke an emotion that is not easily dismissed...is that not what the camera is all about??

for two... your never boring...!!!!! got your back, chiller, we got your back....!

and for three.... i would give anything to have a pic that kept people coming back, and staying in their minds....

see how good it is??
 
Since I have never told you how much these photos touch me, you can't know it. But I feel it is about time to let you know, even though I suddenly lack all the words when something REALLY touches me deep down inside!

And even IF a person can no longer live without the drugs, why would the PERSON be any worse for it. The circumstances are dramatic. Yes. So much so that they need to fulfil their physical need secretly, come by their drugs illegally, feel feelings of helplessness and loss and no perspective and all... But with all that, the broken, defeated, often utterly poor addicts are not those to blame. If so, it would be those smart rich people who make all their money with drugs...

There was this old man who lives at the bus-stop for most of the time and carries all his possession on an old, rickety bike. His heavy bike fell over on the edge of the street just at the outcome of the roundabout and he was unable to pick it up again. There he was. Old, maybe very drunk but I don't know, and visibly helpless. No one stopped. The cars zoomed by and everyone gave that man funny looks. "Ah. Look. That drunk, ha-ha." I pulled to the side, my kids went: "Huh? Mama? What...?" and saw me get out, walk back, cross the street and help that man get his bike back up and steady. I just thought he was IN DANGER where and how he was. Whether a DRUNK person is in danger, or a child, or a very old person or whoever... the helpless need help until they can get back to helping themselves. Sometimes it is just the tiny thing of stopping and putting their bike back in the wheels...

Too easy to sniff the air and judge, "bah, drunkard, addict".....
 
very powerful and touching.... poor guy
 
Photo #1 is a very powerful image, the way they are hugging each other says everything. When you have nothing left to hang on, the inconditional love from a Dog can save you from the darkest moments.... And all they ask is for a pat in the head in return.

Keep up the good work! It's a very moving photo.

HoboSyke said:
But would everyone be as touched if this homeless person was a heroin addict theif who mugged old ladies and broke into peoples houses to buy drugs?
I dont mean to take anything away from your photos, they are great, but just seeing what poeple thought of my comment..
I hate when people make these kind of comments without knowing the reason why this person ended up in. Point taken that there are lots of crazy people out there, but there's also very nice people you meet along the way.... The point is you never know, and they are humans too that deserve our compassion and attention before we judge them just because they are on the street.
 
Thank you again to everyone for your kind words. I appreciate all of them. I am just blown away, by the overwhelming reply to this post. I wish there was a way I could show this man, how much people really care. Maybe I will see him again, and I can tell him to stay strong and hold his head up.
Thank you all so much .
Carl
 
sometimes we take a look at a photo, and it brings out the reality in our hearts.. You have done this wonderfully Chiller, with your photos, and your heart.

Very unfortunatly, too many people don't look for both sides of the coin., there is a reason for everything.. and having an open un-judging mind is the way to view these situations imo. we are all only human, unperfect... respect those even if it seems they don't deserve it.. it's worth the effort.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom