How do I get this effect (don't know what it's called)

sunbeam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
I've seen some pics recently where the subject etc is kind of sepia, but some aspects of the photo are desaturated colour. Any idea what this effect is called, and how to achieve it? I was also wondering the best way to get porcelain looking skin (but not too fake) I don't know the name of that either. Look at me being such a NOOB, EH!?? ;) Thanks all who respond.

Post an example. simpler to get answers from others :)

You can't post pics (against forum rules) that aren't yours but you can put up a link.

I know you can get a pretty good porcelain look with Photoshop's surface blur.....

I can't find any examples that I can actually link to here? Darn.

I think what you mean is Selective colouring (when for example the red stands out and everything else is desaturated?)
Also a Porcelin skin effect,
Duplicate your image, clone out all the spots n stuff, Then use guassian blur to create a smooth effect, add a mask to your layer and just fill the mask with black then start painting in white to start revealing the parts you want smooth (making sure not to over do the effect) then lower the opacity until it looks good
But i personally prefer Cloning all my falws out so I keep my texture.

anyways once you get the smooth effect, start using your Dodge and burn tools to create High lights and shaddows.

Post one of your images you want the effect done to and ill do the effect and post the result and you can tell me if it is what your looking for (i wont do it until the morning, going to sleep now, It is 12 am.)

for the softskin look i just turn down the clarity in lightroom

Most reactions

New Topics

Back