How do I remove Bokeh???!!

They did not have bokeh when I was growing up..... funny how it just came to be when I was not looking

Mully...when you were growing up there also was no "Starbucks"...there was just "Folgers" coffee (oh, and Maxwell House!).

Mully...when you were growing up there also was no "cell phones"...just big old land line phones called "telephones".

Mully...when you were growing up there also was no vintage wine...just Boone's Farm (and Mogen David!!!).

Mully...when you were growing up there also was no computers...just the old-timey abacus!!!
Was a watch mechanical, or did it require sunlight and a proper angle? :)

You need to set your WB (Without Bokeh) value to change the amount of bokeh present in your photos.

You need to set your WB (Without Bokeh) value to change the amount of bokeh present in your photos.

How many mireds will that take?

your shooting with a 1.4 50mm lens. LOL at your expected results.

I can't find any info online on how to REMOVE bokeh. Everyone seems to love it and all the results are about how to increase the blurry background effect, but I wish to eliminate it. I hate to have to keep refocusing and would like to have the whole shot in focus. So my question is , how do I film close objects (ie, things 1-2 ft away) and have the whole thing be in focus? It seems that bokeh is even more apparent with closeups (ie, video of skyline has no bokeh etc for obvious math reasons), so how does one record video of close up objects and have the whole scene in focus? I'm trying to record skits using toys (ie, gi. Joes, roomboxes, etc). I have a t3i and a 50mm 1.4 lens. I hate bokeh.

Go out and purchase an expensive tilt-shift lens and learn how to use it, that will solve your problem.

I just did a quick Google search and apparently there are some ways to do it. Here is a link to a video tutorial on Vimeo that shows one way to do it. I only watched the first
30 seconds so can't judge how difficult it would be.

At least gives you a starting point.

hello, can you post the link?

Remove the lens, put the body cap on the camera. Use a pin to poke a hole through the center of the cap. No more bokeh. Happy shooting, be sure to post the results.

Or, do the words "Fourier Transform" mean anything to you?

You have to stop using refractive optics to eliminate Bokeh from your images.

This means switching to diffractive imaging.

You are back to using a Pinhole camera, and that is the only way to completely eliminate Bokeh from a photographic image.

You could also use CGI to eliminate Bokeh. "Focus Stacking" is basically CGI with a photographic base.

Fourier transform means something to me but I am at a loss as to what that has to do with depth of field.

He wants to eliminate Bokeh. It does not matter what the DOF will be, Bokeh will still be there. The Circles of Confusion will be smaller, but still there. You could eliminate the frequency of the Bokeh that he finds objectionable. Or better yet, he should eliminate Bokeh completely by getting rid of the refractive optics that produce it.

Basically, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer department.

^^^ well, yeah ... but that's like splitting hairs. Everything that is sharp in a photograph is encompassed by "bokeh" then, since the focus point does not exist in three dimensional space. (actually, it doesn't exist in "space" at all... but that's a whole 'nother bucket of turkeys)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back