How do you come back to photography?

I wish I had a on road off road motorbike. There places I have seen not accessible with a car or even a safe place to park the car and walk it. Since I already have a motorcycle license I might consider getting one.

I am photographed all out at this point in my life. I love photography, but i am all out of ideas as to what to photograph.

Then photography is not for you. Sell all your gear and do something else.

You could try something really off the wall

like taking in-focus photos of, say, hamsters

:D

I don't come back, because I never leave.

Seriously.

I'm always shooting with something. If I'm not using one of the DSLR's, I'm using the G12. If I'm not using the G12, I'm using the iPhone.

I may not shoot anything worth a damn, but that doesn't matter. The point is that I'm always looking. That, in and of itself, keeps it fresh for me...

Last edited:
The Hamster thing is not a bad idea. They sell these plastic balls that you put the hamster in that rolls around with the hamsters movement.You can load him up in that and find a big hill and place it at the top.Action photos are pretty cool and exciting.:thumbup:

I go out on 1 of my motorbikes and see loads i could have shot

+1 to the max...

Macro season is kicking off in Texas now so my interest in photography is picking back up. Not to mention if I don't fee like shooting bugs I go play video games or ride my motorcycle and slap a couple of gopros on it for a video/ time lapse mash up for shizzits and giggilities. I always find time lapses interesting and editing video takes to look good takes 10x longer than stills.

I spend another small fortune equipping a new ham radio station. Been out for about 4 years now this time, so I'm getting the bug once again. Love the newer digital modes, and RTTY is my favorite operating mode!! Juggling 2 hobbies doesn't leave a lot of room for boredom.

I am photographed all out at this point in my life. I love photography, but i am all out of ideas as to what to photograph. How do you get that spark back when you don't know what to photograph? Like do you ever have this and how do you get back on the saddle?

If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you.

If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. – Jay Maisel

I have the opposite problem. I am actively refusing to shoot. I still have files from Spring'13 I have no time to even look at.

I am photographed all out at this point in my life. I love photography, but i am all out of ideas as to what to photograph. How do you get that spark back when you don't know what to photograph? Like do you ever have this and how do you get back on the saddle?

I'm going through this right now. I'm lucky though as I am moving in 2 months which has my creative juices flowing again.

Thanks most everyone for the great replies. I've been doing photography for other people mostly, just got burnt out and i lost that fire up to a few days ago, but i've gained traction back and thanks to all the great comments, i think i've found that interest again. I will just always have my camera with me from now on and take pictures when inspiration hits me. Thanks everyone!

Can you travel? Things are most interesting when you're seeing them for the first time.

Or work on a new technique like shooting at night or something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back