How do you cope with the winter photography blues?

Atlas77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So its my first winter with my D90, and aside from going to whistler bc in a few days I find myself shooting less.

It was -7 today, -15 wind chill. And I find indoor shooting gets very boring after a week of it. Ive been trying to get outside but we just got a snow storm with heavy winds and 30cm of snow. :meh::lol:

I know a good way to cope with it is to "suck it up" but I want to hear how photographers that have gone through many winters cope with the cold.

I moved somewhere where there is no true winter, Key West FL to be specific. Today's low was 73 F.

Big snowstorms completely change a scene. A regular house is suddenly more interesting in a dawn timed snow covered shot

Big snowstorms completely change a scene. A regular house is suddenly more interesting in a dawn timed snow covered shot

But its suddenly very cold. ;)

you guys are right, the change of the seasons kind of gives more to shoot around the year. Dwig, living in florida would be boring for me no change of season. :lol:

I just find myself shooting less, Its harder to bring around a camera all bundled up and still get some nice shots, not to mention getting your pants full of the white stuff if you want a good angle.

They make snow pants ya know :lol:

If I can do it on my lunch break in business dress, surely anyone can ;)

Winter is very short here (one month, maybe)...

But - to answer your question: Macro.

I moved somewhere where there is no true winter, Key West FL to be specific. Today's low was 73 F.

Yep pretty bad over here in Ft. Lauderdale too. Record heat sucks. I think it was yesterday it was 87 and we beat a record from like 1947. I hate the weather here.
TJ

If you have the winter blues then why fight it? Putting your camera down when you are not interested is actually a good idea. Viewing the local art scene is a great way to keep those creative juices flowing.

I lived in Jackson, WY for years. Subzero temps (-20º) for days on end is common. I kind of got off on it. Produced some amazing photos. Keep in mind that photography is a very personal process. Only you can answer the question posted.

Love & Bass

If you have the winter blues then why fight it? Putting your camera down when you are not interested is actually a good idea. Viewing the local art scene is a great way to keep those creative juices flowing.

I lived in Jackson, WY for years. Subzero temps (-20º) for days on end is common. I kind of got off on it. Produced some amazing photos. Keep in mind that photography is a very personal process. Only you can answer the question posted.

Love & Bass

Your right, maybe ill go out and try and shoot some winter stuff, if I lose inspiration ill put my camera down.

Im gonna go out wearing snowpants! :lol:

Shoot indoors! Learn lighting. Do some still-lifes or portraits. Try table-top macro.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back