How do you rate ...

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How do you rate yourself- On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being best.

Why?

And, what do you consider your 10 to be?

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

^^ stole my thunder. :lmao:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akaD9v460yI"]11[/ame]

Seems like you are both as happy with yourselves as a couple puppies finding a diaper full of baby****.

I like the rating system over at photo.net. It's supposed to go from 1 to 7, but so many people complained when their photos were rated 1 and 2 that they changed it so 1s and 2s count as 3. Now everyone bitches about 3s. :) Hilarious!!!

For being self taught in all parts of photography, and photoshop, and computers, I feel I am not even close to the potential I could be at, but since I dont plan on doing this as a career, I will enjoy my 6 :lol::lol: and hope that one day, I can make it a 7, for the fun of it.

I rate myself somewhere around PHI to PI I have a long ways to go on getting the damned autofocus to focus on what I want it to.

Well that would all depend on what I am shooting and if I had enough sleep. I think I’m a good photography and sometime a lucky one. Like to shoot landscapes, baseball, wake boarding, and a little football. And seem to be good at all of them except wake boarding that I suck at. As for the number how does 7 sound

For being self taught in all parts of photography, and photoshop, and computers, I feel I am not even close to the potential I could be at, but since I dont plan on doing this as a career, I will enjoy my 6 :lol::lol: and hope that one day, I can make it a 7, for the fun of it.
you are alreadly a 7

i like some of my shots, but at this point i am still where i dont know what i did to make em come out so nice. i am learning and not a total idiot at it i guess. just really new to this!
the only thing i got going for myself is that i know photoshop pretty well, since i need it for my job.
i'm just doing it as a hobby, so if i ever get to 5, then that'd be pretty cool already :)

4... but every once and I while I pull off a shot that makes me feel like a 10. :)

Seems like you are both as happy with yourselves as a couple puppies finding a diaper full of baby****.
Easy there Sunshine. I didn't mean to piss in your Corn Flakes this morning. Just having some fun. Kinda like when puppies find a used diaper, I guess after all. Apologies to have infringed my humor on such a serious topic.

Jokes aside, I don't rate myself with numbers, stars, smiley faces, elephant stamps or notches on my belt. It's more visceral than that. An objective assessment rather than a rating system.

Last edited:
Since I believe in the concept that we are all connected and "one" I'll wait for the thread to finish and add up all the numbers for my own rating. :D

Most reactions

Back