How Do You Store Your Negatives?

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The local shop will put the negatives into sleeves (even 4x5s) and I just toss 'em in a box. I just got 100 sheets of 4x5 negative holders which is great but I don't have a binder for them yet. Any recommendations on what kind of binder I should get? Id like to keep dust and cat hair out. We have three cats.

How do all of you store your negatives?

In sleeves, in archival boxes... or in binders if I've organized them. I write with an archival photo safe pen/marker on the edges of the sleeves the date and event (or whatever the pictures are from).

Just keep 'em closed and away from the kitties. Or for some people, away from the 'kiddies'! Get them out when the aforementioned are napping??

I do have some nice storage boxes that you can open from the side to slide out prints, etc. and smaller one for 4x6's or negs, but cannot for the life of me think of the name of the place I ordered from...

In print-file or some such sleeves, with a contact sheet, in a 3 ring binder. The spines are sort of indexed. They go spine side up in a metal file cabinet.

Archival sleeves, 3-ring binders, metal file cabinets.

I have my 4x5 inch transparencies in acetate sleeves, stored in metal, "tin boxes". Works for me. 30 years or so, no bad effects that I can see. My 35mm and 120 negs are in binders in vinyl (?) Archival brand negfile sleeves/pages.

PrintFile sleeve of appropriate size.

I have encountered old negatives that get stuck together over time sitting in an attic etc. The sleeves are pretty cheap all things considered and give you a nice way to get them into a binder.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back