How old were you when you got your first SLR camera

i started using my parents SLR when i was 16, to day i`m 26.

I got a Nikon F for Highschool photography class when I was 16-17. Used it for the year and stopped. Just got a Canon Rebel Xt a month or two ago and am 22.

Nick

I bought a snazzy new Yashica FX-3 when I was 24, my first SLR. I bought my first Kodak Brownie when I was 6 in the first grade. I saved my daily dime for ice cream for weeks behind my mom's back, then one day I presented her a sock with $7 of dimes for the camera.

20 back then... and it hasnt been my bday since...

I got my 1st SLR in like 1955 or 1956. My brother was in Japan doing his zen monk thing and sent it to me. I still have it too. I recently came across it while consolidating all my various camera equipment. You can see it here:

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136404

I was in my 20's or near there ;) but I had some other (non-SLR) cameras before that one. I think these were the very 1st mass produced SLR cameras but I'm not certain.

My first SLR ahhhhhh remember it well! I was 18 and it was a Pentax K1000 K-mart for about $129 Body and one lens. :D

15th birthday. Now 15 lol.

I was 15 when I got my DSLR, I never had a film SLR and before I got my DSLR I hadnt owned a camera before I had always used my parents one.

Yeesh, thank god someone else said something above age 17. I was starting to feel seriously old. :lol:

Lessee... must have been 2003? So that would make me... um... 32ish? Nikon D100.

When I was nineteen, I bought my first SLR camera, a Pentax K100D.

When I was younger (less than ten), I had some 110 cameras (definitely not SLRs).

I am now twenty, and have made some particularly excellent SLR choices, first a Ricoh KR-5 Super II and more recently a Pentax K1000.

Film has revitalized my shooting. Sad but true that I need that after less than two years, but hey, whatever it takes for a fresh perspective.

I got my first SLR (film or digital) for Christmas last year - I was 38! I'm a late bloomer in the photography world. :mrgreen:

:lol: This is interesting! A little more than the title asks, but:

I got my first camera at age 4.
Next move up was elementary school I had one of those 110's (is that what they were?)
Jr. High school age 11 - moving up to a 35mm! haha
At High School graduation - my first film SLR age 18!
Age 26 my first digital P&S - in 2001.
Age 30 pushed film SLR aside for DSLR!
Age 34 still shooting DSLR and love it!

Shot my first SLR in High School in 2002 (I was 15/16). Two years of Photography and then gave it up until a few months ago. Bought my D40 about three months ago (22 years old) and finally getting back into it. Forgot how much I loved/missed it.

Most reactions

Back