How old were you when you got your first SLR camera

18 some really old minolta film camera. only used it for 3 months for a photography class though. haven't had one since, but my interest in photography has be re-sparked in a more serious way this time around :)

At 14 it was given to me by my aunt. My first camera was an old 125 that my grandpa gave me at 9.

I was probably about 16 (27 now) when I got my first SLR.

I was 16. It was a Nikkormat FTN, and I had it for 36 years before giving it away. I had had a rangefinder camera for a few years before that - I still prefer rangefinders for most of what I do.

Best,
Helen

44, now 44,.. so less than a year!

But camera's like guitars, bicycles & Cat Stevens have always been 'around' the house.. so I bought a Powershot, but intuitively missed the manual focus ring, gave it to my Mother and picked up the 40D last December. :mrgreen:

-Shea

Minolta X-370. That seems like a lifetime ago.

12 an old Pentax from the early 1970s. Love that thing. Then I graduated to a 350D when I was 15. Now I am 19.

20, A Nikon F2a. I'm 50 now and still use it. ( It has a bit of wear ) ;-)

:thumbup:

Don't matter what it looks like.

I was maybe 13 or 14 when I got my first 35mm SLR, it was a Nikon FM. I didn't know anything about photography at the time, so the camera was stowed away and never used for anything. Last week, at the age of 24, I bought my first dSLR, a Nikon D40. I've been shooting with it non-stop since I got it, and eventually plan to shoot with my Nikon FM.

83, I'm estimating that's how old I'll be when I will be able to afford my first (d)SLR.

47 more years to go!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back