How Should I Organize My Photostream?

TehYoyo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just started using Flickr and I don't know how or even if I'm supposed to organize my Photostream.

Here's a link.

It just seems kind of messy - there's a bunch of pictures but there's no common theme or anything like that. I just upload my best photographs that I feel are particularly good and worth sharing.

Thoughts? Examples?

Zach

I don't think there are any rules, lol.

I think mine is pretty well organized. I have sets for films/developers used, and sets for subject. It's mostly just so I can find stuff, if other people like it, whatever - lol!

I just started using Flickr and I don't know how or even if I'm supposed to organize my Photostream.

Here's a link.

It just seems kind of messy - there's a bunch of pictures but there's no common theme or anything like that. I just upload my best photographs that I feel are particularly good and worth sharing.

Thoughts? Examples?

Zach

Well I generally organize mine by basic subject matter with fairly wide categories. Looking at the images you have, I'd probably go with a couple of categories like Sports and maybe Landscapes/Cityscapes, then maybe one for animals. As you upload more images you can always add more categories and move the images around based on your new categories.

Here's a link.

Thoughts? Examples?

Zach

Well I generally organize mine by basic subject matter with fairly wide categories. Looking at the images you have, I'd probably go with a couple of categories like Sports and maybe Landscapes/Cityscapes, then maybe one for animals. As you upload more images you can always add more categories and move the images around based on your new categories.

How do you manually organize photos? Like, the order?

Here's a link.

Thoughts? Examples?

Zach

How do you manually organize photos? Like, the order?

I believe Flickr automatically sorts them by the upload date and time, always showing you the most recent first.

Are you organizing for yourself or others?

Most reactions

Back