How the public - and industry - sees photographers

Lndsybckr I think you are mistaking why good photographers attack around here, 95/100 times it is because of how the OP presents themselves or reacts to what they perceive as a personal attack when receiving negative feedback, 4/100 are spillovers from other threads and these attacks normally happen between the two C&Cers and rarely is directed at the OP, the other 1/100 time is random and unpredictable.

Before this thread veers any further off course (it might just be a matter of time before a moderator or two comes along with a big padlock), here's the Colbert Report's take on it. Saw this via FILTER Photo Festival (Chicago).

Photojournalists vs. iPhones - The Colbert Report - 2013-05-06 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

It is disheartening to see photography being so devalued. I wonder how people would react to a day of no photos - spending a day reading written text only all day. I think photographers need to be thinking about where they're putting their photos; reading terms & conditions and agreeing only to terms that compensate photographers for their time and talent; and protecting their work in photography as best they can.

- And I think it's OK if sports photographers throw film canisters at each other, they're all penned up together anyway (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!). I try to check my surroundings, not stand in front of people when using my camera, and always had enough sense to stay out of the way of the TV crew dragging cables around our arena. Wonder if the Sun-Times journalists/phone-sports-photographers will learn how to do that by the next Blackhawks game Saturday night?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back