What's new

How Would You Fill Your Gearbag With $7000

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
529
Reaction score
3
Location
Belleville, IL, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you had no camera equipment at all, and you were building your gearbag from scratch with $7000, what equipment would you choose to fill your bag? Camera bodies, lenses, lights, etc.
 
5D Mk2 - $2300
50 1.4 - $350
85 1.8 - $350
70-200 2.8 - $1500
100 2.8 L - $900
PW Plus II $170 x 2 = $340
580 EX II = $450 x 2 = $900

w/ tax since I try to support local business should come out to be a little over 7K.
 
Canon 300mm f2.8 IS L M2 at $6,599.00
Followed by whatever camera body I could get for $400 - probably something second hand

I'd get all the other stuff later - but I'd get the big purchase out of the way first :)
 
D3s + 70-200vrII

everything else is fluff
 
Nikon D3x with 20/2.8 and 50/1.4 primes. That would be a good start on my dream system.
 
Wouldn't mind starting off with a gripped d700, with a 70-200mm f2.8, a 50mm 1.4 , and a 105mm Macro and if there is anything left over a sb900
 
If I were starting from scratch I'd probably try a Nikon system to see if my recurring itch to switch is a good idea or not. So for that, D700, 24-70, 70-200.
 
If you go by retail prices,

Nikon 24mm f/1.4G, Nikon 35mm f/1.4G, D700 = $7000.

I paid $5300 though ;)
 
Wow, I'm a little suprised that nobody's trying 3rd party lenses or scouring craigslist for used. Have you guys had bad experiences with 3rd party lenses? Craigslist?
 
if i had nothing.
ive seen someone the other day selling a full studio for 6k. including a D700 with a couple of 1.4 primes, bunch of lights, stands, backdrops, softboxes and much more thing. this is what i would buy
 
Wow, I'm a little suprised that nobody's trying 3rd party lenses or scouring craigslist for used. Have you guys had bad experiences with 3rd party lenses? Craigslist?


If it's not my money, I'm gonna splurge & buy brand-spanking new stuff! When does my check arrive?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom