What's new

How Would You Fill Your Gearbag With $7000

used Tokina 16-28 f2.8 = $800
used Nikkor 50 f1.2ai = $450
used nikkor 85 f1.4d = $900
used nikkor 135 f2 dc = $1,000
used nikkor 300 f2.8 = $1,500

used d700 on craiglist for $2,350

7k on the dot!;)
 
used Tokina 16-28 f2.8 = $800
used Nikkor 50 f1.2ai = $450
used nikkor 85 f1.4d = $900
used nikkor 135 f2 dc = $1,000
used nikkor 300 f2.8 = $1,500

used d700 on craiglist for $2,350

7k on the dot!;)

Available light is free, right?
 
used Tokina 16-28 f2.8 = $800
used Nikkor 50 f1.2ai = $450
used nikkor 85 f1.4d = $900
used nikkor 135 f2 dc = $1,000
used nikkor 300 f2.8 = $1,500

used d700 on craiglist for $2,350

7k on the dot!;)

Available light is free, right?

They never said how much we could spend our next paycheck right???

And honestly if I was told i could spend 7k, I'd most likely spend 8k! Add 2 sb800's, stands, umbrella/softboxs, reflectors
 
Last edited:
used Tokina 16-28 f2.8 = $800
used Nikkor 50 f1.2ai = $450
used nikkor 85 f1.4d = $900
used nikkor 135 f2 dc = $1,000
used nikkor 300 f2.8 = $1,500

used d700 on craiglist for $2,350

7k on the dot!;)

Available light is free, right?

They never said how much we could spend our next paycheck right???

And honestly if I was told i could spend 7k, I'd most likely spend 8k! Add 2 sb800's, stands, umbrella/softboxs, reflectors

Right on-
 
D700, 24-70, 70-200vr, sb600, maybe some PW's

Pretty much what I just put together, slightly more than 7k for a 24-70, 70-200 vrII and D700.
 
Gripped Nikon D7000, Nikon 70-200 VRII, Nikkor 85 1.8D, Nikkor 35 1.8G, Nikkor 17-55 2.8, Tamron 90 2.8.. don't know if that's within the budget, but that's what I'd buy.
 
A Canon 7d or a Nikon d7000 with a Tamron 17-50 2.8, a good telephoto (500 dollars ish), a sigma 10-20 f3.5, a 50mm f1.8, an 85 f1.8, a very light tripod, a 30-35mm fast lens, 2 cheap third party flashes, a good bag (reckon all comes to about 3500). Then 3500 worth of flight ticket kit to use it all around the world. But have to win lotto first
 
Nikon 200-400 f4 VR. This would spend the $7000 and is the last lens on my wish list.
 
Wait for D400? then get 70-200mm f/2.8, 14-24mm f/2.8 and 50mm f/1.4. The rest I spend on flashes, tripods, etc.
 
Gonna use American prices cause that's what these tend to be set by:

Body and general accessories:
5D Mark II - $ 2599.00
LP-E6 - $ 69.99
Sandisk Extreme CF 8GB *2 - $ 109.90
LowePro Flipside 300 - $ 84.95
Manfrotto 190XProB w/ 804RC2 - $ 229.90

For Landscape/Architecture:
TS-E 24mm f/3.5 II - $ 2089.00
Lee Filter Starter Foundation Kit - $ 159.20
Lee Ring Adaptor - $ 27.50
Lee Big Stopper - $ 129.95
Lee 0.9 GND Soft - $ 94.90

For Macro/Portraits:
EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro - $ 999.00
430EX II - $ 289.00
Sanyo Improved Eneloops 8 pack - $ 24.95
Giottos MH1004 Mini Ball Head - $ 12.99
Custom Adjustable Stainless Flash Bracket - $ 80.00 (AU$ quote)


TOTAL - $7000.23
Just over is ok?

The bits left out:
EF 400mm f/5.6L - $ 1329.00
and probably throw in a nifty fifty to have something inbetween the above for cheap:
EF 50mm f/1.8 - $ 114.00


EDIT:
Forgot:
OC-E3 - $ 69.95
Guess if it has to stay $7000 drop the spare battery for the 5D II, and hence: $ 7000.19
 
Last edited:
5D Mk2 - $2300
50 1.4 - $350
85 1.8 - $350
70-200 2.8 - $1500
100 2.8 L - $900
PW Plus II $170 x 2 = $340
580 EX II = $450 x 2 = $900

w/ tax since I try to support local business should come out to be a little over 7K.

This. I'll take out the 100 2.8L - $900 and changed it for Glidecam HD-2000 $550, Sandisk Extreme CF 8GB *2 - $ 109.90, LowePro Flipside 300 - $ 84.95, and Manfrotto 190XProB w/ 804RC2 - $ 229.90.
 
D700, 24-70 2.8, SB800, and a memory card.
I would spend the other $3000 on an Elinchrom Lighting set.

Then I would book a wedding, and use the deposit to buy Photoshop, a computer, and rent the 70-200 2.8 for the gig.

After the gig, I would buy the 70-200 2.8 and a tripod.
 
D700, 24-70 2.8, SB800, and a memory card.
I would spend the other $3000 on an Elinchrom Lighting set.

Then I would book a wedding, and use the deposit to buy Photoshop, a computer, and rent the 70-200 2.8 for the gig.

After the gig, I would buy the 70-200 2.8 and a tripod.

You forgot the "taking me out to dinner" part.
 
It really depends on what and how you want to shoot. This exceeds your budget slightly, but it's a good start IMO.


This is the Zoom Bag
1189879992_zoLm6-XL.jpg





Likewise, you could spend at little less on filling the bag and have some coin left over for the accesories that make the photo life easier. Things like extra memory, batteries, tripod, remote release, lighting, etc.

This is the Prime Bag.

1189879919_pxqfk-XL.jpg
 
ha, we have similar equipment :hug::


:D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom