Hue, saturation, contrast, and B&W your opinions

iamthepip

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some photos i took for class what are your opinions is there anything you would have done differently?

-Pip

hue.jpg

desaturated.jpg

bw.jpg

contrastwayup.jpg

Last edited:
Purple wasps, only in California. :mrgreen:

I like the chick. The color, hue and lighting provides a soft feeling to the shotl.

Seems to me that the wasp would be a boring shot if it weren't purple, so I would say that's a good change. In the chick picture, the chick needs a little more color, but I would keep all of the other colors desaturated. I think I would rather see the dog in color, but it's good in b&w too. The rugby shot seems fine...pretty vivid colors.

Here are my suggestions, I hope this helps:

#1 - crop it so it's not a bullseye on the wasp
#2 - I also love the soft look here, but I'd like a different composition. Maybe because its too evenly split between the hand and the chick, in terms of visual "weight". And crop a little off the top.
#3 - Only 1 nitpicky thing - some of the whites are blown out. This one's my favorite, but that might just be because the puppy's so cute!
#4 - Very good capture in mid toss! The tennis court in the background need to go! If you can't move it, it needs to be more out-of-focus, so use a larger aperture.

Most reactions

Back